Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
524 Posts
4lexnt said:
:) I found a website that sells the tint spray for your tail lights. They even come with instructions that are in English. You can take out your tail lights and the spray and have them done by a customs shop or take a stab at it yourself. The spray cost about $25.00.

Here is the website: http://shop.autoi.com/osb/showitem.cfm?Category=179
I would pass on that and have it professionally done. I speak from experience.

·
Banned
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm going to have a local custom's shop do it for me. I don't want my car looking like crap. But I thought you-all might want to know the website.

·
Registered
9 Posts
You risk the chance of having one taillight darker than the other. Looks like ass when you step on the brake ... I had mines professionally done. The process consisted of sanding, dark coating, another dark coating then a clearcoat. My tails has the same glossy shine as my car. No drips, no smudges,with an even coating. Tinted tails draw a lot of attention. You dont want shabby looking taillights on your "all new, totally redesigned, car of the year, Chrysler 300"

·
Registered
199 Posts
Ok point seen and made! now is there some kind of law prohibiting this kind of mod or can I just go to an auto body shop and have them done?

Canadian member here.

·
Registered
714 Posts
i know its illegal here which is why i was wondering if theres a way you can not have them completely smoked but more lightly tinted

·
Registered
34 Posts
Someone had posted a link a while back of a guy who will do it if you send them to him.

He had several different shades of Dark you could get, and even had the option of masking off the three bars of the Backup Lights...that look rocked.

I'd like to find the link again, because I'd like to contact him.

·
Registered
108 Posts
daddy_do_rite said:
I dont know about Canada,,,,,But they are illegal here in Cali...lol
even a light tint is illegal? i was just about to have them done. is it one of those laws that CHP and local PD's have but don't enforce or are they pretty strict about it?

·
Registered
9 Posts
LAIDBACKC said:
i wonder what they would look like if they were lightly tinted with cool vanilla?
yeah if anyone finds a pic of cool vanilla tint on the tail lights or even a c.v 300 with the dark tint please post it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts