Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had an interesting thing happen today...
We finally had our first rain of 2014 in Phoenix yesterday (over 70 days)! My car was in the garage and I had my windows rolled down. Today I drive it and my tinted windows are fogged up. Couldn't get rid of it on either outside or inside of the glass. Obviously, the fog is between the tint film and the glass. Get out of restaurant an hour later and the fog is cleared up! Huh? Granted, it doesn't rain too often here but this will get really irritating if it happens whenever it rains. Is this normal for aftermarket tinted windows? Was it done improperly?

·
Registered
500 Posts
It would be impossible for water vapour to condense between the tint film and window. When it rains the rain cools the outside of the glass, so any water vapour in the air inside the car will condense on the windows and fog them up. The more humid the climate the worse it will be. Only real cure is to turn on the A/C, and turn up the heat. When you heat the window back up, the dry air you are now circulating in the car will evaporate the moisture off the glass.

·
Registered
549 Posts
This same exact thing has happened and continues to happen in Honda vehicles. People don't seem to listen to the whole turn on the AC switch and run the heat no matter the temp outside. This definitely works every time.

Great advice Someguys300C!! Works!

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, that didn't quite work for me that way. The windows were down inside the doors in the garage. Both sides of glass same temp. I noticed the "fog" right away as I was putting the windows up. Finger or hand swipe on either outside or inside didn't clear it at all. Used heat, defrost, and a/c all to no avail. Now, a couple days later, the glass is mostly clear. I can still see some "fog" on the glass in direct sunlight. Rubbing on outside or inside has no effect. Stumped.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
386 Posts
Well, that didn't quite work for me that way. The windows were down inside the doors in the garage. Both sides of glass same temp. I noticed the "fog" right away as I was putting the windows up. Finger or hand swipe on either outside or inside didn't clear it at all. Used heat, defrost, and a/c all to no avail. Now, a couple days later, the glass is mostly clear. I can still see some "fog" on the glass in direct sunlight. Rubbing on outside or inside has no effect. Stumped.

Definitely not normal.

·
Registered
500 Posts

Is the tint fairly new? Maybe it is a low quality tint used by your installer and it is just taking a long time for the adhesive to fully dry?

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.