Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have had my Altezza's for a few months now. I saw a SRT with tinted tails today and it inspired me, lol! I will also be getting my Black TIS rims in a few days and think the darker tails will compliment the rims. My Altezza's are supposed to be smoked, they look nothing like I expected. I have decided to take the task upon myself and tint them myself with the VHT nightshade paint and clear coat.
1) Tint the OEM tails and sell the Altezzas?
2) Does anyone think the Altezzas will look good with a medium tint shade?
3) Tint the entire tail or leave some parts of the lens untinted?
Thanks for any input. Here's a few pics of my current tails.

·
Registered
350 Posts
tint the OEM ... look more classy and clean.. personaly i dont like the altezza... too much hommie for me...

but i need to say.. really great car u have there! kkeep the good work .. post some piks with the TIS>... 20? 22?

kant wait to see jeje

·
Registered
113 Posts
Hmmm i have the same Tails, I like the LED lights better then the stock lights. Mine already with a smoke finish but i was think about going darker. Let me know what ya do!

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Hmmm i have the same Tails, I like the LED lights better then the stock lights. Mine already with a smoke finish but i was think about going darker. Let me know what ya do!
Mine also are smoked even though the pics don't really justify it but I still want to go alittle darker. I have to agree the LED output is 100% better than the stock bulbs, no doubt. I'm also going to tint the sidemarkers myself. I'll let you know how they come out and will post pic's of the process as well. I just ordered the VHT night shade today, so it'll be done hopefully this weekend!

·
Banned
651 Posts
PLEASE! PLEASE!!!!! dont tint them yourself with that nightshades [email protected]. ive seen tons of rides with that stuff put on and they all look the same. Dull matte finish. Ive seen one "decent" job done but nothing compares to having them professionally done. Done ruin your lights, i am not doubting your ability to do them but why bother if the product is garbage. PLEASE!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Thats not true, I've tinted several sets of tails with Nightshades and I swear by it. Take your time, sand the lights down till you cant see thru them, soften with 1500 grit, spray even lines very very lightly, it may seem like you arent getting anywhere but thin, evenly spaced coats are the key!!! When you have reached desired darkness, use a few coats of Clearcoat to get rid of the matte finish.

I am going to be tinting my 300stockers b4 the weekend, and I will do a detailed writeup with pics, so keep an eye out for that if its your first time!

:arms:

·
Banned
651 Posts
dont listen to him he's a cheapo
search chargerforums.com there are tons of cheapos over there that use that stuff. the pictures speak for themselves

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
PLEASE! PLEASE!!!!! dont tint them yourself with that nightshades [email protected] ive seen tons of rides with that stuff put on and they all look the same. Dull matte finish. Ive seen one "decent" job done but nothing compares to having them professionally done. Done ruin your lights, i am not doubting your ability to do them but why bother if the product is garbage. PLEASE!
Thanks for your opinion, however I have always been confident in my minor automotive skills. I've installed my own grill, interior LED's, Altezzas, HID's, and have so far been impressed. I can't justify spending another $140 to have jonstintedtails do work that I can do. As for the quality of the work, I can assure you that I will follow the proper steps and take my time to do it right. If I'm wrong and it comes out crappy, then you can tell me " I told you so".

·
Registered
64 Posts
With proper prep your tails could look real nice with the VHT.

As for the full comment. Some people just don't do the research and spray there tails without any prep, nor clear coat and think its going to come out nice. After some wetsanding, careful even LIGHT, LIGHT, LIGHT strokes from nearly 2 feet away. Allow to sit, repeat to desired darkness.. Wetsand more if needed, 4-6 coats clear, and your all set.

Personally I would do the OEM tails as your altezza's are too much. To much going on. I would suggest cutouts where the circles are at, but one has chrome housing, the other has red.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Wetsand more if needed, 4-6 coats clear, and your all set.
Ok, noob question, What is wetsanding? I'm assuming H20 and sandpaper?

Personally I would do the OEM tails as your altezza's are too much. To much going on. I would suggest cutouts where the circles are at, but one has chrome housing, the other has red.
I agree, they look too 'busy'. They look like they belong on the back of the Columbia Shuttle and I don't like that bicycle wheel reflector either! I was just thinking of a medium shade throughout the entire lens w/o cutouts. The LED output is awesome however! What do you think about that???????

·
Registered
86 Posts
I think the stockers look awesome tinted, with the exception of the 3 stripes. Just be careful on the darkness because that's a big no no in El Paso. What color was the car you saw?

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Definately going to look good tinted . They are too white right now . Here are a couple of pics of 402 motorings medium tint on the stockers with my reverse strips taped off . Pretty dark in the daytime (although never had my balls busted ...yet )....but the light shows through very well in both day and night . The good part about doing it yourself it you can control the contrast of the tint and go darker than light........lighter than medium and so forth ...

Good luck .....

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
I had the led tails tinted........I used jonstintedtails.............

they looked great and he even did color matching to put the flake in it!!

SPEND THE HUNDRED BUCKS AND HAVE THEM DONE PROFFESSIONALLY!!!!

YOU WILL THANK YOURSELF IN THE END..........

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I think the stockers look awesome tinted, with the exception of the 3 stripes. Just be careful on the darkness because that's a big no no in El Paso. What color was the car you saw?
The color was BB like mine. I know its illegal here, but so are the illegal aliens....

·
Banned
651 Posts
ive been following this thread and im finding it hilarious. your to cheap to cough up a measly $150 to get your tails professionally done. You think you can do yours just as good but you dont know what wet sanding is :pat: lmfao. Not only are you ignorant and cheap, to top it off your racist. ill go ahead and say "i told you so" in advance

1 - 16 of 16 Posts