Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting my C tinted tomorrow morning. Still have not decided on a percentage. 50% is legal here in MN.

What do you all think. Is 50% too light? I have read from one user that he thought it 50 was too light and ended up getting the next step down. 35%.

Can I get your thoughts tonight guys. I am heading there at 8:30am.

Thanks a lot guys.
-Nathan

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
well from someone that tinted 5% all the way around YES way to light..i would suggest that you ask the tinter whats the darkest he can go if hes a proffesional he will know that answer but i would definately go the darkest possible...herba

·
Registered
22 Posts
I've got 35% all around on mine here in LA. It's not to dark and I can see out. If the cops have nothing better to do they hassle. For me, it's cool.

·
Premium Member
2,505 Posts
Nolmscheid said:
I am getting my C tinted tomorrow morning. Still have not decided on a percentage. 50% is legal here in MN.

What do you all think. Is 50% too light? I have read from one user that he thought it 50 was too light and ended up getting the next step down. 35%.

Can I get your thoughts tonight guys. I am heading there at 8:30am.

Thanks a lot guys.
-Nathan
Nolmscheid,

If you find a quality tint shop and not a friend in his back yard, you will find that there is life between 50% and 35% tint. Remember you get what you pay for. I just had my car tinted earlier this week with 38% all around. In VA the "LAW" says 50 front sides and 38% back sides and rear window, but I think I will far well with this set-up. I really dont want a gangster dark look, I am well beyond that phase in my life, personally I want people to see me a little. A tinting shop should also be able to find 40% tint as well, and various shades of black as well. I have a very slight mirror quality in my tint job, you can tell unless the car is in the shade or its an overcast sky and then only an I looking for it can see it. In direct sun light it looks like a normal tint job but I am still getting the mirror effects of reflecting the sun. I hope this helps.

·
Registered
216 Posts
The darker your car, a lighter tint will look better. The lighter your car, a darker tint will look better. This is all asthetics, keep in mind. 50% is quite light on any car, but do what you feel comfortable with. The tint company where the tint comes from also matters - Solar Tint and 3M have been consistently the best with the most amount of choices. As GEN XER mentioned there are choices between 50% and 35%.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
LAmagPearl
do you have pictures of yours? I ordered the same color... Mag and wanted to see what the tint would like like.
mahalo,
Kidcoastal

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I ended up going with 38% Metalic (No not the shiny mirror looking stuff, its just not the BLACK dyed material). I pick it up in 45 minutes. The tint shop I went to is very well known in the area and does a lot of work for a lot of dealers. They use all LLumar films. Lifetime warranty on Install and Product. They are a family run business. The Mom does all the books, sons and father do the work. They do a lot of large glass buildings as well around here in Minneapolis/St. Paul. Thats a large percentage of their work.

·
Administrator
7,117 Posts
Nolmscheid said:
I ended up going with 38% Metalic (No not the shiny mirror looking stuff, its just not the BLACK dyed material). I pick it up in 45 minutes. The tint shop I went to is very well known in the area and does a lot of work for a lot of dealers. They use all LLumar films. Lifetime warranty on Install and Product. They are a family run business. The Mom does all the books, sons and father do the work. They do a lot of large glass buildings as well around here in Minneapolis/St. Paul. Thats a large percentage of their work.
Great compromise... don't you just hate agonizing over decisions like that? You're gonna love it! Let's see some photos, k?

·
Premium Member
2,597 Posts
Nolmscheid said:
Good choice! Even though they all 25% here in TX, I am going with the 35% I have had on other vehicles. Darker than that is just too difficult to see things at night, unless you have bright overhead lights everywhere you go.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Picked it up and it looks great. Just a little bit of haze/leapord print in areas before it cures. Which could take a bit longer since we have no heat here in MN right now. hehe

·
Administrator
7,117 Posts
Nolmscheid said:
Picked it up and it looks great. Just a little bit of haze/leapord print in areas before it cures. Which could take a bit longer since we have no heat here in MN right now. hehe
So glad you're happy (phew!) You wanna warm it up? Take a drive out to CA, it's 77 today and into the 80's tomorrow.... nice drive!

·
Premium Member
2,505 Posts
Nolmscheid said:
I went with the exact same brand of tint and amazingly the father was doing the books and brother and sister were doing the job and I'm here in VA. HMMM

·
Registered
31 Posts
yup

I have magnesium pearl with 5% on the back 3 and 25% on the fronts......it is kinda tuff to see if its dark and raining.

I usually go 25% all around, to me 35% is not enough. :cool:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts