Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
we had a real nice day here in Albany NY, I decided to
put a coat a wax on my 300c, I noticed little rust marks on the bottom half of the car, it looks like the metal flake in the paint may be rusting some how , its even on the plastic part, I used a 3m Scratch remover on them to get them off with no luck,

anyone else see this, I plan to bring to the dealer and at least get in on record

05 300c 29k

·
Registered
35 Posts
I know exactly what you're talking about! Little small orange specs...mine came off with mother's scratch remover. Looked like just surface debris to me, it didn't actually originate from below the paint...hence it's not corrosion in my case. Mine also could be carefully scratched off with my finger nail.

·
Registered
164 Posts
i had this same problem on my 1998 dodge ram. tiny rust specs along the whole lower bottom from the front wheel back. i bought it new after it had been on the lot for a year. i first noticed it in the spring of the following year and took it back to the dealer. they kept it for a few days to investigate,then informed me it was rail dust from transportation. they buffed it all out and it looked great until the following year. took it back again and they informed me this time it was from the metallic brake pads and they buffed it out again. after one more year it was back again and i told them i wanted a new paint job. they said they would take it all out on this round and guarantee it would not come back. again, ok for a year then back it went. told this time warranty was done and rust was not from the inside out so no coverage. talk about being pissed off. i went straight to chrysler and after 1 1/2 years of battle with them i had to walk away pulling my hair out. to make a long story short nothing short of total paint strip down will stop that rust. i had it buffed every spring for as long as i had it and it got worse every year. chryslers warranty work will be the death of them. i keep saying i wont buy another but their cars just look so damn good and i give in again. the 300c i have now will probably be my last though

·
Premium Member
2,859 Posts
Clay bar the car first then wax it. It will take out all the "rail dust".
Once you do clay it your'll think you have a new car,just rememmber to wax it after you clay. Clay strips all the wax and any raod grim off leaving the paint unprtected.

E

·
Registered
379 Posts
It's bonded crap from the roads. When plows go down the road, they lose little bits of their blades, which are magnetized from the impact and friction. They then stick to your car and rust on the surface of the paint, making it look like your paint is rusting. They'll come right off with clay.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts