Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

61 - 80 of 96 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,769 Posts
I think for us newbies it should be explained what is the best way to race these cars..(on the strip of course :) ) In auto or auto stick? With esp on or off? And whats best rpm to launch?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Somewhere in the link to the section that NR gave you, there is a great thread on launching you'd probably like. :fing02:
I was reading through some older posts and seen this....
Can someone explain this mod a little more? I have honestly not heard about this one yet.
Are you talking about pulling fuse 11? That just resets the adaptive learning. So if you drive like grandpa then the car gets used to it and you get lazy shifts etc. If you drive it like you stole it then the car gets used to it and gets more "aggressive". Pulling fuse 11 resets what it has learned, so pulling it and driving it hard for a bit can make it "relearn" a more aggressive style of driving.

This is most noticed for people that buy a used 300 - most previous owners have no idea about this, so it has been learning their driving style for a long time. Kinda fun to reset that memory and introduce the car to it's new, more aggressive owner. :)

You can also reset this with an InTune or Trinity, so you don't have to pull the fuse.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hmm

Yes, it will work on your car. Welcome to the forum!

Interesting. I have noticed when driving it it has a slow response time accelerating and this might be from the previous owner so that makes sense. Now after I reset this, will there be a noticeable difference right away? Thanks for the quick response MADDOG! :)

·
Administrator
19,550 Posts
After you pull the PCM fuse and replace it, get in the car, turn it to "On" but not "Start", depress and release the accelerator pedal slowly, then go drive it like you stole it. It will definitely "learn" that driving style.

However, being an adaptive system, it will learn other styles whether you want it to or not. Most folks find that once they get into the daily driving routine, stop and go or slow speed limits, the car "dumbs" down a bit.

You can continue to reset the system if you like but many of us use a tuner as a final solution. Once you have installed the tuner and tweaked the tune a bit, there's no need to ever reset your PCM as the adaptives are now replaced by the tune that was installed.

·
Have to be odd to be No.1
7,942 Posts
how do you get the mph to show on the dash?
On the steering wheel hold down the music note key and the compass key at the same time.

After about 6-8 seconds it will appear. If it shows up something else use the arrows to scroll through until it shows.

·
Registered
171 Posts
On the steering wheel hold down the music note key and the compass key at the same time.

After about 6-8 seconds it will appear. If it shows up something else use the arrows to scroll through until it shows.
I did that the only one that showed the mph had mph rpm temp so idk I was trying to find a video of it incase im doing it wrong but didn't find nothing

·
Have to be odd to be No.1
7,942 Posts
I know the 2006 model onwards and there were differences between the 06 & 07, for example the adding of the 0-100 timer. If you have used the up/down arrows and its not showing then it could be the 05 model never had it.

·
Administrator
19,550 Posts
the digital speedo is the EVIC default on base units. If you click on the "page" icon on the steering wheel controls, then it will display.

61 - 80 of 96 Posts
About this Discussion
95 Replies
41 Participants
Brady Z
Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums
Join the 300c forum community to discuss the Chrysler 300c, SRT8, horsepower specs, AWD system and so much more!
Full Forum Listing