Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

81 - 96 of 96 Posts

·
Have to be odd to be No.1
7,942 Posts
The arrows are missing, which explains why you cannot change screens. If there were more screens on offer, like the later versions have, then there would be an up/down arrow showing to the left of where it shows "Spd= 0"

It does seem your out of luck on that model.

·
Registered
50 Posts
What is the Nav REC? What does it do?

EasterEgg/Secret menu
Nav REC-: put on AM then press FM, Nav/CD, 2 + 6 + Enter
Steering wheel: hold down the Music Note and Compass together

·
BLOODY ADMENSTRUATOR
12,610 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Thanks - very useful info, I purchased a 2005 300 AWD model March 2013 and am still learning about all the features (I upgraded from a 1991 Toyota Corolla 4WD wagon - Alltrac).

Vehicle is driving great, but I am carrying a few minor issues (described below) and I wonder if anyone could perhaps comment on:-

1) The ESP/BAS warning light was intermittent until a couple of months ago, but is now permanently on, so I cannot use that ESP feature - how much would that help me driving in winter conditions on new Firestone all season tires?

2) Check Engine light was also intermittent, but now mostly on.

3) Since I bought the vehicle with 200,000 KM, I noted the steering wheel is not 9 o'clock/3 o'clock aligned - how is this adjusted and does this tie in with the ESP not currently working - I noticed last summer when ESP was working that if I sometimes shifted the steering wheel to extreme left or right that the ESP/BAS warning kicked in.

4) Ideally for winter driving in Atlantic Canada I would prefer using a dedicated winter treaded tire - I bought vehicle with 18" aluminum alloy rims with new Firestone P225/60R18 tires installed. I have found a used set of mag wheels off a 2005 300C that have Hankook i*Pike winter tires, size P225/60R18 99T, installed with only 5,000 KM driven for only $375 (suspect person traded vehicle and is selling off the extra set of rims/tires).

The local Chrysler parts dept. is telling me that these rims will only fit my 2005 300 AWD model if they came off a 2005 300C AWD which share a +42mm rim offset and that they will not fit if off a 2005 300 RWD model (likely more common) which has a +20mm offset - would appreciate if someone could confirm if this is correct as this is a great price offered (but only if they fit) - unfortunately a 6 hour round trip away ($120 in gas).

·
Premium Member
825 Posts
Hi Kilburn
Where are you in the maritimes (Fredericton, NB here)?
That is a great price for those tires and rims. (heck just for the tires alone!)
I bought a set of rims this summer off of Totalblackout, a member here (lives near by), he has a 2007 AWD and he had originally picked up the rims in hopes of using them as winters for his car but they were off of an RWD and did not fit.
As far as I know those rims will not work on your AWD. I would still consider snagging that deal, then you have a good set of rubber for this winter and you can sell off the rims again (worth a couple hundred alone or better!)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Yes, I'm in Fredericton too, my world! If those rims/tires off the 2005 RWD would have fit my 2005 AWD I would have driven up to the Tracadie area to pick them up - glad I did my research though talking to a very helpful guy (Mike) in Parts @ Fairview Chrysler. He told me the 42mm offset (AWD) would not accommodate the 20mm offest on the RWD. I priced the tires alane @ $238 each (with only 5,000 KM on them).

A work colleague of mine had the same issue with Toyota Matrix (FWD v AWD model) - he bought the wrong rims, then had to re-sell them. I imagine there are less 300 AWD models out there than RWD's, so harder to find a used set of rims, ideally with good tires mounted & balanced on them.

Yes, for the tires alone it would have been worth it, then selling rims, but they're gone now @ $375 - if rims had fit mine it would have been a steal.

My AWD on near new Firestone all seasons feels quite stable on ice, but in snow the rear end tends to get a bit loose cornering if you are not gentle on the power. I may just tough it out now until Spring as I don't want to break the current tires on those rims, then replace in a couple of months.

Any comments on the other points I raised, e.g. the ESP not working due to ESP/BAS warning light on? Do you notice any difference engaging this driver aid in slippery conditions? My ABS is working fine.

Hi Kilburn
Where are you in the maritimes (Fredericton, NB here)?
That is a great price for those tires and rims. (heck just for the tires alone!)
I bought a set of rims this summer off of Totalblackout, a member here (lives near by), he has a 2007 AWD and he had originally picked up the rims in hopes of using them as winters for his car but they were off of an RWD and did not fit.
As far as I know those rims will not work on your AWD. I would still consider snagging that deal, then you have a good set of rubber for this winter and you can sell off the rims again (worth a couple hundred alone or better!)

·
Premium Member
825 Posts
For me the ESP fully on, is a bit of a help when stopping, carefully cornering (driving well with in what is safe considering the weather/road conditions)
Leaving my drive for work I turn the it completely off as it works against me (grabbing the brakes to redistribute power to the other wheel in an attempt to gain traction, or cutting back on the throttle). I turn of esp when I need the car to spin (or playing a little in an empty parking lot).
Its useful for sure but I am just now getting used to it intervening - my other rwd cars were older and ABS/TC etc did not exist. You gave it a boot of gas to course correct and pumped the brakes, so I am not a great one to comment, truthfully.

For the ESP/BAS lights and Engine lights I would re-post in the General or Trouble shooting section as it will get seen more readily by the wider community.

·
Registered
152 Posts
On the steering wheel hold down the music note key and the compass key at the same time.

After about 6-8 seconds it will appear. If it shows up something else use the arrows to scroll through until it shows.
WOW!. I loved this feature on my GTO. Glad I found it. Thanks!

·
Registered
46 Posts
To get Traction Control to turn ALL THE WAY OFF, you actually need to perform the same procedure as the ECU reset (25+ mph, attempt to start car for 3-5 sec, ESP and BAS lights will come on).

When you just turn off ESP and get the car with wavy lines, the car is only in HALF Traction Control mode. It will not let you do burnouts or power slide around corners without catching you at the end.

To turn traction control back on you just have to restart the car.

81 - 96 of 96 Posts
About this Discussion
95 Replies
41 Participants
Brady Z
Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums
Join the 300c forum community to discuss the Chrysler 300c, SRT8, horsepower specs, AWD system and so much more!
Full Forum Listing