Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2009 Chrysler 300 signature series rear wheel drive, but that's about all I know. My question is if the tires I had on my Lincoln Aviator will fit it ( husband traded the car right after buy $2000 in tires and rims) The tires are 245/50/20 102S and have Helo Chrome rims (20's obviously) It has a multi bolt pattern to it. IMG_20130407_170537_305.jpg this is the tires. Please any help or I may beat him with the tires

·
Premium Member
512 Posts
That tire is a bit tall for the 300, but would fit in theory.

The wheels on the other hand... What do you know about their available bolt patterns(I see there's more than one bolt pattern) and their offset? Do you have any paperwork from when your husband purchased them?

Edit : a quick search shows that the Aviator used a 114.3x5 bolt pattern, which is the same as the 300.. So it'll depend on offset... And with that tall of a tire, you may have to grind some bolts down.

·
Premium Member
7,078 Posts
Ok the tires are 1" taller than stock and i see that they do make a Helo for the bolt patternof 5x115 but i can't find the mulltie hole version Helo like you have.. bt the biggest problem you have with these ims are there a +42 and you wan't a
=18 for offset. Now you probubly could get spacers /or wheel adapters to make these rims fit. but to just bolt up and go , no go.
https://www.tiresbyweb.com/p-11209-helo-he845-chrome-wheels.aspx

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks to all, of course I can not find any of the paperwork on the tires. I figured it would come down to the only thing that I can't see (the off set). Anyone want to buy tire & rims, or a husband?

·
Registered
244 Posts
I recently learned a lot about diff things as I was on a hunt for used rims and found a set of 20s.
Furst they have to be 5x115.... just because you can fit the 114.3 on doesnt mean you should do it as their will be a .6 gap of space which in the long run can cause damage.

For tires I wouldnt go bigger that 255/45/20.. you can do 245/45/20 but I wouldnt go with 255/50/20... too much tire, wont look right and may rub.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
25 Posts
Your best bet would be to sell those wheels/tires off on ebay/Craigslist so that you could get what you want. If you're on a budget you could probably run the tires without much worry even though they're 1" taller that's only 1/2" longer radius. Just check the clearance with the upper ball joint to be sure.

I presume you asked the question about tires meaning you'll have the tires dismounted and remounted on your 300's wheels as your Aviator wheels don't look to fit.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts