Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what you guys&gals consider the best tire dressing.Looking for something that last and has that wet look.Just detailed my car today and didnt have tire dressing so I figure I will post and see what you guys&gals use before I go out and buy some.

·
Premium Member
6,091 Posts
I use the tire dressing from perfectautofinish.com. It leaves a good, dark satin finish; others may leave a darker, wetter look, but they also sling all over compared to what I use..

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
ive been using turtle wax tire shine for a while. last me a long time and leaves a wet look. never had an issue with it.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I use Stoner.

·
Premium Member
6,091 Posts
Armor all on the tires probably isn't that bad,,,, just don't put it in the inside of your car. It is solvent based.. try to find a water based dressing for the interior.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Armor all on the tires probably isn't that bad,,,, just don't put it in the inside of your car. It is solvent based.. try to find a water based dressing for the interior.
even their interior protectant is solvant based?

·
Registered
469 Posts
im pretty sure their interior products are NOT solvent based..

yeah.. so in the case of your tires.. use some armor all.. works great IMO

·
Premium Member
6,091 Posts
Not sure of the interior stuff... I will admit I am an Armor-all phobic when it comes to any car I drive that costs over 20k. So it might be ok to use the interior stuff, I would just have bad dreams if I did it to my car...

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
lol, well ive used the interior stuff and my dash still looks nice even though its been months since i last put it on. been using it for a while with no problems, hopefully that will help put your nightmares to rest :lick:

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
thanks to my great friend SRT BEE i've been fortunate to be testing this product for several months. it is truly no sling....you can touch the tires less than 3 minutes after application with no slimy residue.

BLACK MAGIC TITANIUM MATTE TIRE FINISH

Black Magic Titanium Matte Tire Finish

·
Registered
311 Posts
Nice to see a new, improved Black magic product. I've used the "regular" Black Magic with good results.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Armor all is great to use on tires when you want to make a car do burnouts that can't otherwise!
the turtle wax tire shine is great at that too :p

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for all the info!Its going to rain the next couple of days so Sat.I will go to the auto part store and see what some of products you guys are using.I let you know which one I boought and tell you the out come.On my other cars I used Armour all.Like to try something diffrent.Thanks again.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Goes on easy and comes off easy. I like it. It seems to be water based.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Hands down without a shadow of a doubt it is Meguiar's Hot Shine in an aerosol can. I have used every product for the tires known to man, j/k almost though and there is no comparison to the Meguiar's. If you want a truly wet looking tire that doesn't come off when you roll 2 blocks down the street then go with the Meguiar's. Trust me you will be more then happy.

one last note, armor all sucks and is an overhyped product!

·
Premium Member
4,455 Posts
Tires with that funky ridging on the sides look SWEET with tire shine, but without it they gather dirt too fast and look like ass easily. Heheh, I need to put some tire shine on my BFGs ;)

·
Registered
648 Posts
Hands down without a shadow of a doubt it is Meguiar's Hot Shine in an aerosol can. I have used every product for the tires known to man, j/k almost though and there is no comparison to the Meguiar's. If you want a truly wet looking tire that doesn't come off when you roll 2 blocks down the street then go with the Meguiar's. Trust me you will be more then happy.

one last note, armor all sucks and is an overhyped product!
I agree with that also. The hot shine does work really good. Just make sure you dont get any on the rim. Other than that, its a great product. The product pictured above is the only armorall product i use. I mainly like it because you dont need to scrub the tires to get the product off.. all you need is some soap and a rag and it will come right off.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts