Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My build sheet lists lists "XGM- Tire Pressure Monitoring Display". I know that my 2005 Jeep Liberty has an actual graphic display which shows the tire pressure (in PSI) for each corner. From what I read in our manual, if a tire gets too low, the amber light in the instrument pod will light, and the EVIC will report which tire it is. Is that it, or is there a graphic similar to the Liberty, with PSI readout?
On a side note, on page 216, the manual states:
"Do not use tire sealant from a can...if your vehicle is equipped with a TPM sysytem, as damage to the sensors may result."
Yet they supply a can of sealant. I just find it ironic.
-Steve

·
Registered
482 Posts
I can't say about the warning, I haven't had it come on. The display is in the EVIC; use the page button to get to "System OK", then press the up arrow button 3 times. 1st push; oil pressure; 2nd press; coolant temperature, 3rd press; gives a graphic display of the car showing tire pressure at all 4 corners. The owners handbook says that there is no sensor on the spare.
Hope that this helps.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Model 57 said:
I can't say about the warning, I haven't had it come on. The display is in the EVIC; use the page button to get to "System OK", then press the up arrow button 3 times. 1st push; oil pressure; 2nd press; coolant temperature, 3rd press; gives a graphic display of the car showing tire pressure at all 4 corners. The owners handbook says that there is no sensor on the spare.
Hope that this helps.

Thats becuase there is no spare. That is pretty sad they did not figure that out at DCX. I guess we are suppose to pull over, remove the tire, hitch a ride to a shop, have the TPM removed, hitch a ride back, reinstall the tire, use the fix a flat to repair tire, retuirn to the dealer to have tire replaced, and TPM reinstalled.
But hell I went into D2 yesterday so who cares :banana:

·
Registered
125 Posts
SRT SAINT what color SRT are you getting if you dont mind me asking silver steel by any "slim" chance? I dont know why else your order would have taken so long,,just hoping cause I have a silver steel on order myself. Congrats by the way im just waiting for my day hopefully soon!

·
Registered
322 Posts
300CSRT said:
SRT SAINT what color SRT are you getting if you dont mind me asking silver steel by any "slim" chance? I dont know why else your order would have taken so long,,just hoping cause I have a silver steel on order myself. Congrats by the way im just waiting for my day hopefully soon!
Sadly it is BB. It is purely the smaller the dealer the longer the wait. I thought back in Jan. I would use my local dealer to "get in line" quicker. I figured it was an allocation system but that the first orders in the first orders out. So much for my naivety. I am price protected at $43,585. No GGT. Fully loaded w/kicker. Minus rear DVD. Im hoping to get it this month. I assume in D2 I should.

·
Registered
482 Posts
sjz said:
On a side note, on page 216, the manual states:
"Do not use tire sealant from a can...if your vehicle is equipped with a TPM sysytem, as damage to the sensors may result."
Yet they supply a can of sealant. I just find it ironic.
-Steve

I read that and I didn't catch it...That is funny!!! So, if I use the factory supplied sealant for a leak on the road, take it to get fixed ASAP, DCX isn't going to replace the sensor for me under warranty......

Sir, you used the supplied sealant and that voids your warranty on the stem/sensor.

Todd

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Model 57 said:
Hope that this helps.
That does help!
I don't know how I missed it in the manual, but I did!
Thank you,
-Steve
BTW: That's the oil temperature reading, not coolant. :wink1:

·
Registered
14 Posts
WhiteDiamond said:
I read that and I didn't catch it...That is funny!!! So, if I use the factory supplied sealant for a leak on the road, take it to get fixed ASAP, DCX isn't going to replace the sensor for me under warranty......

Sir, you used the supplied sealant and that voids your warranty on the stem/sensor.

Todd
I'm glad I'm not the only one that thought that was strange - tell you not to use something but then give it to you anyway...

I'm not a big fan of pumping my tires full of Goopathol (as Hank Hill would call it.) and hoping it fixes the leak...

I have considered buying one of those kits that has rubber plugs and cement and keeping that in the trunk. I'm not normally big fans of those things either, but figure it would be a lot easier to clean up afterwards...

·
Registered
50 Posts
rp1 said:
I'm glad I'm not the only one that thought that was strange - tell you not to use something but then give it to you anyway...

I'm not a big fan of pumping my tires full of Goopathol (as Hank Hill would call it.) and hoping it fixes the leak...

I have considered buying one of those kits that has rubber plugs and cement and keeping that in the trunk. I'm not normally big fans of those things either, but figure it would be a lot easier to clean up afterwards...

That's the best idea I've heard so far, I don't know why I didnt think of it. I used those plugs on my Impala once worked great until I got a chance to replace the tire which was about a month later. Thanks

amant
2006 SRT8 Silver with Kicker and a blow up doll repair kit in the truck :biggrin:

·
Registered
14 Posts
amant said:
... blow up doll repair kit in the truck :biggrin:
Yeah BABY!

I knew we had this :banana: thingy for a purpose !

·
Registered
162 Posts
rp1 said:

I've used those plug kits at least 15 times in the last 20 years. I've had nails, screws even a swiss army knife stuck in the tread. They work great. It's worth it to get the version with the wide handle and the extra file tool.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Based on 300C_AWD's advice I decided to go ahead and get a tire plug kit and put it in the trunk. The tire repair supplies at Wally World and Sears-Mart seemed to be lacking in quality, IMHO.

I found this on the net - http://www.safetyseal.com/store/autokits.htm

Seems to be good stuff - found lots of favorable reveiws of it on various web sites. And it comes in a plastic box so pieces won't be loose in the trunk.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
rp1 said:
Based on 300C_AWD's advice I decided to go ahead and get a tire plug kit and put it in the trunk. The tire repair supplies at Wally World and Sears-Mart seemed to be lacking in quality, IMHO.

Seems to be good stuff - found lots of favorable reveiws of it on various web sites. And it comes in a plastic box so pieces won't be loose in the trunk.
IMHO, that's overkill...unless you drive thru construction sites or if everyone in your neighborhood is getting a new roof :silly: !
I've used the Victor http://www.acehardware.com/sm-victor-tubeless-tire-repair--pi-1419465.html kits many times thru the years, and they always work. I consider them a permanent repair (I don't think I would go 150 MPH with it however!). It's less than $10, and comes with a rasp (file), a T-handle pull tool, and some stickey rope type pieces. I keep the rope pieces I don't use & the tools in a zip lock bag, and they're good for next time. I buy them at the quicky mart/gas station down the road.
-Steve

·
Registered
917 Posts
How to Get Display?

Model 57 said:
Hope that this helps.
My 2006 300C supposedly has the TPM. It says "Tire Pressure Monitoring Display" on the window sticker. When I look at the EVIC all I get are the seven screens:

There are 7 pages of additional EVIC data you can access by pressing mode (music note) and compass on the steering wheel simultaneously for about 10 seconds. Use the leftmost Up/Dn arrows to scroll through the pages.

Page 1 - CCN SW P/N
Page 2 - Speed/RPM/Coolant Temp/BattV
Page 3 - Temp_AVG/Temp_RAW/Pedal_Position
Page 4 - Compass/Compass_RAW
Page 5 - Left/Right fuel tank level info
Page 6 - last VTA trig (???)
Page 7 - Chime request info,

How do I get the "System OK" page and the TPM display of all four tires?
Thanks, regards, Bob.

·
Registered
443 Posts
to get to mine I hit the page button (literally) and the first screen that comes up is the "System OK"............

then I just hit page down once and all four wheels show up........

dropped my tire pressure a few months ago and low and behold I got a warning on the dash

·
Registered
917 Posts
Thanks

jconnolly1119 said:
to get to mine I hit the page button (literally) and the first screen that comes up is the "System OK"............

then I just hit page down once and all four wheels show up........

dropped my tire pressure a few months ago and low and behold I got a warning on the dash
Thanks. I'll try that. Regards, Bob.

·
Registered
162 Posts
rp1 said:

Yea that's a little overkill but if you run over a police spike strip you'll be covered :)

I watched some guy plug up a 1 1/2 inch rip in his off rode tires. He ran into a sharp rock. He used 7 of those plugs all in the same hole and it worked. He tied a knot on the end of each one to keep it from popping out of the huge tear! I held air but I don't know for how long.

·
Registered
8 Posts
My Tires don't like to hold air. At first I thought the sensors were just wonky...I still think they are. I misplaced my good air gauge so I haven't had a chance to verify, but the other nite the warning lite came on and sure enough, my drivers side rear tire was down to 22 lbs.

GRRR...that and the rattles that have popped up are starting to wear away the good feelings about this car.

Oh yeah...the crummy 1/4 mile et's I got aren't helping. :grumpy:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Sure enough. My left rear tire was down to 22lbs. again. And the sensors are lower than my good gauge. I'll double check with another good gauge, but I hate driving and constantly have to moniter tire pressure.

Anybody else have this problem?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts