Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

Tire Pressure Monitoring System

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  RAKilla 
#1 ·
I think I read on here that changing wheels on a car equipped with the safety system for tire monitoring can cause some warning alerts, but I can't find the post. I have a 2006 300C with this feature and plan to change the wheels.

It looks like the existing wheels (the clad chrome 18" wheels) have some sender apparatus attached to the valve stem. Does anyone know if that system is removable, available as a dealer accessory to retrofit another rim, or can I defeat the alerts somehow?

Many thanks and sorry if this repeats a thread on this or another forum but I can't find it!

Regards,

Matt

#4 ·
RAKilla said:
They just took mine out of the factory wheels and put them in the new ones.
Thanks, that tip may save me some bills! What did it run you for the modifications? - is this something that sits screwed into the tire valve stem or mounts into it from the inside, or a big honkin' module that's down near the wheel hub interior? About all I can see is a looking weird cap and a chunky valve stem on the original wheels.

Are the tire shops up on this technology or did you have to find "The Guy Who Knows?"

Regards,

Matt

Sorry for the basic quesitons, I just have no idea what this entails

#5 ·
You can buy them from the dealer

Or if you are not using your stock rims anymore and are remoivng the tires, you can have the stock ones put in your new wheels.

memobug said:
I think I read on here that changing wheels on a car equipped with the safety system for tire monitoring can cause some warning alerts, but I can't find the post. I have a 2006 300C with this feature and plan to change the wheels.

It looks like the existing wheels (the clad chrome 18" wheels) have some sender apparatus attached to the valve stem. Does anyone know if that system is removable, available as a dealer accessory to retrofit another rim, or can I defeat the alerts somehow?

Many thanks and sorry if this repeats a thread on this or another forum but I can't find it!

Regards,

Matt

#6 ·
Plus the nuts I paid $ 175

In New York.

( I am keeping my stock 18's and contis for the winter sostems) I had to get new stems)

NautcaSprt6 said:
Im not sure, but I can be wrong, but ive read that when people get rims, they purchased the stems from the dealer for about $60 a piece.

#7 ·
memobug said:
Thanks, that tip may save me some bills! What did it run you for the modifications? - is this something that sits screwed into the tire valve stem or mounts into it from the inside, or a big honkin' module that's down near the wheel hub interior? About all I can see is a looking weird cap and a chunky valve stem on the original wheels.

Are the tire shops up on this technology or did you have to find "The Guy Who Knows?"

Regards,

Matt

Sorry for the basic quesitons, I just have no idea what this entails
No mods, the module sits against the inside of the rim and the valve stem is attached to it, it comes thru the rim from the inside and the threaded collar goes on from the outside and locks it in place, thats why the valve stem looks chunky.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.