Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do I have to use, so the tires won't turn brown after I use a shiny dressing ?

·
Registered
508 Posts
A lot of them do that. Maybe try another brand? I am currently using the ICE products and like them a lot (love their car wash too).

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Ummm... WAT? What do you mean brown?

·
Super Moderator
5,077 Posts
you cant stop it. Antiozodant is added to car tire to keep them from dry rotting. This compound is designed to continually come to the surface. Depending on the brand of tire some are worse than others. Clean tires real well and try use products that are not butyl based.

·
Banned
294 Posts
Firestone tires are bad for "blooming". Blooming is the leaching out of chemicals to slow down oxidation, as yamabob alluded to. I tried a couple of different brands on my Firestones, and now use Armorall Tire Foam. Makes the tires a beautiful black matte and lasts a long time, and no "blooming". They also have a product for shinny tires, Extreme Shine, however as I do not like the shinny "Hot Wheel" look, I have never tired it. Meguiar's gel was fairly good, a pain to apply, and you have to be careful of tire sling. Spray 303 is very good, but expensive and difficult to find in my area. And a few others, but the basic Armorall Tire Foam what I settled on. Nice stuff.

·
Registered
596 Posts
I clean my tires with Bleech white they get nice and clean then use tire shine...they don't get that brown look..that might help you...

Reactions: GenoTex

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
I simply use autoglym dash cleaner. Works a treat in both tyres and dash..!!!! No brown for me and lasts ages.

·
Premium Member
6,058 Posts
I clean mine with my right foot... if the tread looks dirty I stomp my right foot on the gas for two seconds and like magic the tread is nice and new and clean again! :)

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Reactions: Ed G

·
Registered
738 Posts
Its a combination of the product and the tire itself that leaches that brown coloration. From everything I've read, and my own experience, an approach that works well is:

Thoroughly clean the tires using a product called Bleche White. You can pick it up at almost any auto supply store. It will get the tires as clean as they can get and will prevent the 'brown' look that is common to certain tire brands. I'm currently running Nexxen tires and see this bown haze build up on the tires much more than I did when I was running Nittos or Toyos.

If you want a nice black tire, but without the oily look so many tire dressings have, try using Mop-and-Glo. Yes! I'm talking about floor cleaning product. Its costs almost nothing compared to tire dressing and leaves a dark black non-greasy looking finish that lasts for weeks.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
MOP & GLOW!!! Whodathunkit?

Anyone here used Armor All 'Outlast' Tire Glaze before? Supposedly lasts a VERY long time with no sling cuz it completely dries. Sounds like a coating product like plastidip glossifier.

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
I also use bleach white when I clean my car, spray it. let it sit. scrub it and after im done drying I use Tire shine. I have used a few different brands and never had them turn brown on me either. I am currently using a black magic brand. I stick with a gel that has an applicator pad for what ever brand I get. At this moment my tires are still shiney after 6 days, TONS of miles.

·
Premium Member
4,708 Posts
"Simple Green" makes my tires brown.

·
Registered
74 Posts
If it turns brown that means it over use or its a dust magnet. I use autohaus tiyre shine it never turns brown and so easy to apply.

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
Its a combination of the product and the tire itself that leaches that brown coloration. From everything I've read, and my own experience, an approach that works well is:

Thoroughly clean the tires using a product called Bleche White. You can pick it up at almost any auto supply store. It will get the tires as clean as they can get and will prevent the 'brown' look that is common to certain tire brands. I'm currently running Nexxen tires and see this bown haze build up on the tires much more than I did when I was running Nittos or Toyos.

If you want a nice black tire, but without the oily look so many tire dressings have, try using Mop-and-Glo. Yes! I'm talking about floor cleaning product. Its costs almost nothing compared to tire dressing and leaves a dark black non-greasy looking finish that lasts for weeks.
I'm trying mop n glow. Never thought of that!

·
Registered
74 Posts
In cleaning the tire, you can just use a simple dish washing soap to remove the dirt. Just make sure it completely dry before apply any kind of tire shine.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I like Griot's vinyl&rubber dressing.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts