Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I treated my C to a new pair of shoes!!!
Went with the Sequence wheels 22x10 thanks to Chris at Moonshadow in Dallas...
I will have some pictures to post here later on this evening, I have to get them uploaded.
Stay Tuned!!!!!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Fast4Door said:
Today I treated my C to a new pair of shoes!!!
Went with the Sequence wheels 22x10 thanks to Chris at Moonshadow in Dallas...
I will have some pictures to post here later on this evening, I have to get them uploaded.
Stay Tuned!!!!!
How much did it cost you?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here are the pics.....

·
Registered
95 Posts
Fast4Door said:
Here are the pics.....

Fast the that car looks real hot man. i got the same rims on my baby but i put on 22 inch lowenharts LDR's. I just needed to ask you how hard was it to get that grille on

·
Registered
29 Posts
Dang! Those are monsters!

I just can't get used to 22's, but here in Buffalo, I can't risk dinging such an expensive wheel. If I do get wheels, I will probably go with 19's or 20's.

Your car looks menacing in black. :)

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The grill wasn't that hard to put on.. It did take a while to get the bottom screws out. I did not drill into the factory grill like the instructions said. There is another post here with the directions. All in all it was about an 1-1.5 hour install.. I am also using a factory chrysler wing emblem over the wing supplied by E&G..

E55....
The tires are 265/35 Pirelli Scorpion Zeros

·
Registered
95 Posts
Fast4Door said:
The grill wasn't that hard to put on.. It did take a while to get the bottom screws out. I did not drill into the factory grill like the instructions said. There is another post here with the directions. All in all it was about an 1-1.5 hour install.. I am also using a factory chrysler wing emblem over the wing supplied by E&G..

E55....
The tires are 265/35 Pirelli Scorpion Zeros
can you get me that post so i can put this grillon , dude i want to post pics also and i won't do it until i get this grill on

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
Those wheels are delux, how much $$ for the wheel and tire combo. Additionally how much does the wheel and mounted tire weigh. It seems this info on weight is as hard to find as ZuZu's petals.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
$3500.00

I will get the weigh and some upclose pictures of the wheel today..

I will also weigh the stock wheel and tire..

Here's another picture....

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
28 Posts
Strong. Very strong.

I called the good folks at Moonshadow (source of the setup in question), and they told me the 10" rims took some "massaging" to fit - namely, some mods to the control arm. I think the G-word (grinding) was mentioned :confused:

Anyway, it's a look I'm really into, but the 10" rim stretches the rubber a good bit, leaving the lip of the wheel exposed. I'm a pretty good parallel parker, but have scuffed one too many $$$ rims in my day to know it's inevitable on a daily driver.

Awesome price on those wheels, though. Wow. Too bad they don't come in 20" - the happy medium :)

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Grinding would not have been required if I would have used a slightly bigger spacer in the front (slightly by only a couple millimeters).

They only took off about 1/16th of an inch in an area about 1/2 of an inch wide. Either way I think it's worth it. The thumbs up the car gets are unreal.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Fast4Door said:
Grinding would not have been required if I would have used a slightly bigger spacer in the front (slightly by only a couple millimeters).

They only took off about 1/16th of an inch in an area about 1/2 of an inch wide. Either way I think it's worth it. The thumbs up the car gets are unreal.
You paid 3,500 with tires or with out?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Fast4Door said:

Sorry if my post smelled like a slam, no flames intended. In fact, I was told by Sequence themselves that they are offering a 9" version of the wheel that will not require spacers or grinding of any kind.

I believe the quote mentioned above includes tires...

·
Registered
15 Posts
2 things,

1. grinding? If any shop start to grind anything on your car... get it out of there. The part that they grind is part of supension and steering control arm. The factories make the cars with certain specs including thickness of mteal bars (such as sway bars) so that the car will not fall apart on you in the next 5,10 or even 20 years. So grinding a function part such as knuckle joint arm or say bar should not be done.

2. 22x10? that wheel is way too wide for the fron of this car. the maximum size for the fronts should be 22x9.5. 22x10 are made fro SUV and truck applications. If they used a 22x9.5 with a 15mm offset and 71.5 hub bore, then there should be no grinding or "massaging" needed and the wheels will still stay within the fender so you can lower it later if you wish.

Magnesium, i'm not trying hate, your cars looks BADASS(good), but I am more concern abou the safety issue here. The only massaging there should done at the mosty should just be the fenders, but that's only if you are going slam the car down.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yeah,
I can see where you're coming from, but the grinding was soooo minimal that it could not possibly make any difference.... The tires are still in the fenders front and back. I'm about as anal as it gets when it comes to grinding or rigging cars. As I said earlier another 2 millimeters spacing would have eliminated this problem.

Many other things are built to a certain specification when building a car. I believe that the springs are also part of that equation. If everyone worried about things like that there would be no custom cars out there...

1 - 20 of 74 Posts