Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
21 - 40 of 74 Posts
Grinding does seem scary! I would not go beyond fender rolling or modifying the plastic wheel well liner. If one needs more than that they picked the wrong rim especially for a daily driver.

Fast4Door said:
Yeah,
I can see where you're coming from, but the grinding was soooo minimal that it could not possibly make any difference.... The tires are still in the fenders front and back. I'm about as anal as it gets when it comes to grinding or rigging cars. As I said earlier another 2 millimeters spacing would have eliminated this problem.

Many other things are built to a certain specification when building a car. I believe that the springs are also part of that equation. If everyone worried about things like that there would be no custom cars out there...
Building a custom car and hacking a custom car are 2 different things. When building a custom car all parimeter are measured carefully. If eibach makes a spring for a car, they first go and get the car and test it for weeks before even start to make a prototype set. then they test the prototype set for weeks to see if it changes the charateristics of a car too much. Also they check for unnecessary wear on other components during the tests

Discussion starter · #23 ·
So do you think it's safe to put bigger wheels and tires on an SUV?
I don't because it increases their roll over rate significantly... Most of them come with tires/wheels that tend to push for that very reason.

Discussion starter · #24 ·
carre' said:
Building a custom car and hacking a custom car are 2 different things. When building a custom car all parimeter are measured carefully. If eibach makes a spring for a car, they first go and get the car and test it for weeks before even start to make a prototype set. then they test the prototype set for weeks to see if it changes the charateristics of a car too much. Also they check for unnecessary wear on other components during the tests
Umm... I thought we were in Visual M-O-D-I-F-I-C-A-T-I-O-N-S.. Are you sure you are in the right area of the forum????

Maybe you have made a mistake and thought you were here..

http://www.300cforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5

What do you think they do on shows like Pimp My Ride, Monster Garage, Overhaulin etc. etc??????

Discussion starter · #25 ·
Grinding

Here are the pics of the "Grinding"
The only reason it was even done was because we tried to make the wheels work without the spacers.
With the spacers it would have not been required...
Either way, you can not see it, it was very minimal, and it was only done on one side.. So now I can officially say that no grinding is required.

Fast4Door said:
Here are the pics of the "Grinding"
The only reason it was even done was because we tried to make the wheels work without the spacers.
With the spacers it would have not been required...
Either way, you can not see it, it was very minimal, and it was only done on one side.. So now I can officially say that no grinding is required.

i even went all out and put 5cm speacer and feels great

Discussion starter · #27 ·
Well, At least I'm not the only one!!!!!!
Glad someone understands....
Sometimes you have to make small sacrifices to stay ahead of the game...
I want 22x10 wheels and that's what I got.
This car gets more attention than ANY car I have ever owned or driven.
Prowler, Vipers, BMW 850's and then some.

Fast4Door said:
I want 22x10 wheels and that's what I got.
This car gets more attention than ANY car I have ever owned or driven.
I hope you are not saying that 10" width wheels get you more attention? How would anyone know if they are 10" or 9.5 or 9.0 or 8.5? So if the same wheel was available in a smaller width, ie 9.0" and required no grinding you would prefer the 10" and the griding. I don't get it!? :confused:

Tibbs said:
Uh Kev, the thought of two guys in position to take that picture, and the term "grinding"...let's just leave it alone.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.
Why are you guys hating on what Fastdoor. i have the same thing 22x10 and i love it i put 5cm spacer and i have no problem if you guys can't get your self a set of 22's then don't hate on us guys that can and do..

Discussion starter · #33 ·
E55 KEV said:
I hope you are not saying that 10" width wheels get you more attention? How would anyone know if they are 10" or 9.5 or 9.0 or 8.5? So if the same wheel was available in a smaller width, ie 9.0" and required no grinding you would prefer the 10" and the griding. I don't get it!? :confused:
Kev,

Are you saying that you can't tell the difference between 8.5 and 10"????
Women sure can!!!!!

I would stick with the 10" all day. The wheels sit perfectly flush with the fenders. I have yet to see another C with 22's that sat right.

Also I have said that the grinding is not required with the use of a spacer. We were trying to get the wheel to work without using the spacer.. That makes it a lot easier for the next person who purchases these wheels doesn't it?

dastony1 said:
Hey, 'Fast4Door' you're looking real sweet, ride what you want to ride!! :cool:
i want to post pics my baby. but no camera. i got 22' Lowenharts LDR's the car looks crazy i 'm breaking more necks then a wrestler. LOL

FastDoor You do You i'm telling you look proper..

Straight From Brooklyn..... LMAO

Discussion starter · #37 ·
Thanks gshug and Dastony!
I won another show with it again last night!!!!

Fast4Door said:
Thanks gshug and Dastony!
I won another show with it again last night!!!!
Yeah bro i gotta put my baby in a show DUB Magizine is coming town in like 2 weeks i'm getting it ready. i thinking if i should take of that chrome line that goes across the doors

Discussion starter · #40 ·
gshug said:
Yeah bro i gotta put my baby in a show DUB Magizine is coming town in like 2 weeks i'm getting it ready. i thinking if i should take of that chrome line that goes across the doors
Mine will be in the Dub show in Houston, TX!!!

Good luck with it!

21 - 40 of 74 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.