Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello,
I have 05' 300C 5.7 hemi with SDD SUSPENSION PERFORMANCE option and stock SRT 20" rims with 245/45/20 tires. I want something thicker, i think about 265/45/20 or 245/50/20. Will these sizes fit? What is max size for these rims? Im worried about bolt on the front.

·
Registered
2006 Chrysler 300c,heritage Br5,
15 Posts
Hello,
I have 05' 300C 5.7 hemi with SDD SUSPENSION PERFORMANCE option and stock SRT 20" rims with 245/45/20 tires. I want something thicker, i think about 265/45/20 or 245/50/20. Will these sizes fit? What is max size for these rims? Im worried about bolt on the front.
My 06 still has factory 18” 9 spoke i spoke heritage gear but tire shop says a 245/50/20” about all I can get in there i wouldn’t sacrifice my final drive ratio and with streets in Calgary,AB I like some sidewall like my 60’s too many tranny rippers hidding out there and car is so low you barely get jack under it with a flat haha just my take on it

·
Registered
865 Posts
My 06 still has factory 18” 9 spoke i spoke heritage gear but tire shop says a 245/50/20” about all I can get in there i wouldn’t sacrifice my final drive ratio and with streets in Calgary,AB I like some sidewall like my 60’s too many tranny rippers hidding out there and car is so low you barely get jack under it with a flat haha just my take on it
I'll bet those 245/50/20's would look real cool on your 18 inch wheels. If you're going to keep the 18's your choices are a little limited IF you want significantly larger tires. You'd have to check the different tire manufacturers sizes/diameters to find the combination(s) you're interested in, especially if you want to keep the speedometer/odometer reading correctly. If that's not a problem for you, it'll be slightly easier. As an example, my Tesla came with 19 in. staggered wheels/summer tires and I am finding that I am extremely limited as to the tire sizes and types that I want to put on it.....high performance, all season. I am pretty sure I'll end up having to go with 20 in. wheels, which gives a much larger choice in both sizes and types. It seems that 20 and 22 in. wheels have the best selections.

To give you another example if you're going to go to 20 in. wheels, you can go with a much larger tire/wheel combination. When I had my 06 300C SRT8, I had 275/40R20's on the front and 315/35R20's on the rear using 10.5 in. Foose 5 spoke wheels.

Reactions: Lettercar

·
Registered
2006 Chrysler 300c,heritage Br5,
15 Posts
I'll bet those 245/50/20's would look real cool on your 18 inch wheels. If you're going to keep the 18's your choices are a little limited IF you want significantly larger tires. You'd have to check the different tire manufacturers sizes/diameters to find the combination(s) you're interested in, especially if you want to keep the speedometer/odometer reading correctly. If that's not a problem for you, it'll be slightly easier. As an example, my Tesla came with 19 in. staggered wheels/summer tires and I am finding that I am extremely limited as to the tire sizes and types that I want to put on it.....high performance, all season. I am pretty sure I'll end up having to go with 20 in. wheels, which gives a much larger choice in both sizes and types. It seems that 20 and 22 in. wheels have the best selections.

To give you another example if you're going to go to 20 in. wheels, you can go with a much larger tire/wheel combination. When I had my 06 300C SRT8, I had 275/40R20's on the front and 315/35R20's on the rear using 10.5 in. Foose 5 spoke wheels.
Na thx for input and advice but I can cut into a clover leaf at 80kph hold car deep into shoulder and as I exit to merge into highway trafic I’m hittin 100-105 kph comming around a dual apex approach without sqwacking a tire about only thing I would change is a much lighter rim for better unsprung performance

·
Registered
865 Posts
SRT8 sway bars on your C would also do wonders in corners. I have them on my Magnum, but didn't want the harsher ride of the SRT spring rates. When I had my lowered 06 300C SRT8, it handled like it was on rails but was a little too harsh for a highway cruiser, IMO.

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Sky
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Vehicle

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Finally i bought 235/50/20 Pirelli Scorpion Verde all-season PNCS. They are very quiet and looks insanely good (thick and round), no rubbing, no other problems.
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

1 - 6 of 6 Posts