Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:biggrin: What's up everybody. I am new to the forum and since I've been here, found out that the information on here is awsome and helpful to anybody that has an idea for their 300!!!

I have a couple of questions though about there HID system. I have a '07 300C and not sure if it came equiped with HID's or the 9006XS buld. I assumed the HID's until I read the manual then I was stomped. Is there a way to find out without pulling the setup out? And if it is a 9006XS, can I just buy the after market D1S or do I have to get the kit? :grouphug:

Just trying to find these things out before I spend money on the wrong thing. Thnx

·
Registered
379 Posts
:smashfrea Search is your friend. Besides the fact that it's pretty easy to tell if you have HIDs or not. I'll let someone with more patience explain, because I'm an ******* like that.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know, I know. Sounds like a stupid question. But so far on the site I saw where people with base 300 were trying to do the up convert and they needed the kit and so far everyone with a C already have the HID's in them. So I was really trying to find out if there was anything special about the C that I could bypass the kit, even if it had 9006's. I am currently TDY to an airbase in Berlin at the moment so I really can't look under my hood right now. So any help would be appreciated.

Thnx

·
Registered
3,997 Posts
Seeing whether or not your car has HIDs should be pretty simple.
YOU HAVE HIDs if...
Since you're not sure, wait until it's dark and point your car at a something big, flat, and preferably white. (ie: garage door)
If when you turn on your headlights they immediately flicker on but stay rather dim for second then brighten up after about two seconds, you have HID.
An easier way even would be to turn on your headlights at night, get out of the car, walk about 20 feet away or so (doesn't really matter), and then turn around and look at your car's lights. If they shine a really intense whiteish/blue color, you have HID.

YOU DON'T HAVE HIDs if...
If your low beams look exactly like your fog light or like your high beam, then you have a standard halogen headlight. (yellowish light output)
Pretty much just turn on your headlights, walk out in front of the car, and if your headlights look like most everybody else's, you don't have HID.
If you want HID, you'll have to buy the whole kit.

I have an 07 C as well and my car didn't come equipped with the HIDs. I have since put an HID kit in my car and am astounded at how much better the light output is. Only problem is I cheaped out on a kit and for whatever reason my headlight beam visibly jiggles on the road at night... nothing I can fabricate keeps it from shaking either. It's aggravating and I'll be upgrading to the 6000k 50w Oracle HID kit here pretty soon so I don't have that problem anymore. :D

Anyway, welcome to the forum. You'll pretty much be able to get help here whenever you need it.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cool.... Well check this out. As soon as I got back from Berlin, I went under the hood and 2 seconds later I pickeed up the phone. I call the boyz @ Stealth Auto and ordered the 8000K conver. kit for the lows and 10000K for the fogs. Sheeiitt, I even show them cats at KBcarstuff.com and order my LED tails also. They should be in this week. Will post picks when they come in.

Thnx

Mitch

1 - 6 of 6 Posts