Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just got 22" inch rims slapped on and now theres this 3" to 3.5" gap between the wheels and wheel well... looks ok but a nice drop would finish it off right.

Dropping it about 1" to 1.5" would look amazing but here is my dilemma:

1. it's my only car... I don't have a winter beater.
2. I drive it everyday
3. I have 2 boys that occupy the back seats
4. will it affect it when driving in winter (I live in Canada)
5. will it affect anything else?
6. IT'LL LOOK SOOO SWEEEET WHEN DROPPED

I don't want to do a major drop... I just want to fill the gap and at the same time not ruin the ride long-term (I plan on keeping the car for 7+ yrs).

anybody with experiences or in the same situation - your advice would be greatly appreciated.

thanks.

·
Registered
224 Posts
You're ride will be a little more harsh, but that is to be expected with any drop. The more of the drop the harder the ride. As for the snow, I don't think it will hurt your ability to gain traction. I would be much more worried about the 22's in the snow than the drop. It could also cause your shocks to die quicker, there are some people who have had to replace their shocks within a few months and there a some who haven't had to replace them after two years. Other than that, your 300 should look damn nice.

·
Premium Member
1,739 Posts
Personally, the dropped look never appealed to me. If you get any depth of snow, you're are going to be plowing it. Do you want to be able to straddle that dead skunk in the middle of the road without picking up some stinking guts? What happens when you get too close to a parking bumper block? Just my opinion, it appears that the majority of LX enthusiasts seem to be smitten with the lowered look.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I think a 1 to 1.5 inch drop isnt going to affect ground clearance too much when it comes to snow and dead animals. But you definitely will have to watch out for those parking bump things.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts