Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys.. Took some pics of the BULLET today rocking my second set of wheels.. I have chrome 22s but needed these for every day ride and traction...

·
Premium Member
4,721 Posts
Bozo, I too am awestruck with my gob wide open. Man, I just love those old skool muscle car small diameter, but wide, wheels... they look great. But I understand how the younger generation who didn't live thru the 60's would shy away and prefer 22's or even 24's (despite the fact 24's look stoopid).

In the never ending search for perfection which means one mod at a time and then carefully considered lest you inadvertently step into crass or gawdy looking... have you considered a Chrysler badge, the standard Chrysler badge that comes in the factory grille, stuck there in/on the Grip grilles rounded spot? I mean when I look at it, just for a while when I first look it kinda makes me feel something is missing there. You know what I mean? ALMOST everything else is just perfect. just perfect!!! I say that because I'm still dwelling on the black mirrors. ;) (and yes I do see what you've done there with the trim).

It's just a magnificent beast. Congrats much.

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
That machined silver lip sets those rims off very nicely. What size rims and tires? I like the taller profile on the tire as well.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Daaaaaaaaamn!!!! Amazing car!

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
They are 18" x 10 rears and 18x 9.5 fronts Rota p45r2 wheels.. These are very light wheels running Mickey Thompson DR Tyres.Tyres are 28"x12"x18"on the back and 28"x10"x18" up front... I have 22 x 11s and 22x9s for when I want to bling but these are for daily driving and laying the 750+ rwhp down...

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
I'm gonna go ahead and be the odd-ball of the bunch here and say "nay" to the 18-inchers. Although you're ride is sweet, it would look MUCH better to me w/ 20-22" concaves...and I'm NOT @ ALL a young'n! But do you, indeed! That's what it's all about...:lick:

·
Registered
655 Posts
......... pics with 22's on? .(my preference :p )
Everything else loosk good man

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The 18s are all about functionality... They are light weight performance wheels.. Sticky rubber, more tyre for better grip and more room between the wheel arch and tyre for throwing into corners.. My car has been mini tubbed to accept the huge tyres and 11x22" rear wheels..

·
Premium Member
4,721 Posts
It looks 'tougher' with the smaller diameter wheels. Not to mention if you have the easy to see thru larger wheels it makes the brake rotors look very small on our cars and that's not a good look, especially on the back wheel. That's the only case I see for the justification of huge fully enclosed chrome wheels. (to hide the small discs).

·
Registered
655 Posts
Like the first pic, not bad :)

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
The 18s are all about functionality... They are light weight performance wheels.. Sticky rubber, more tyre for better grip and more room between the wheel arch and tyre for throwing into corners.. My car has been mini tubbed to accept the huge tyres and 11x22" rear wheels..

Gotta be honest w/ ya though--I prefer her like this ^^^^^^^^^^ !!!!! NO DOUBT!!! But, ultimately, it's YOUR ride, so c'est la vie! :cool:

Reactions: silver06hemic

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
I like the 22s as well. Two different looks for sure.

Something about the the first pic speaks to me tho...

·
Premium Member
261 Posts
Looks good either way IMO, I do prefer a larger wheel diameter but I'm not a huge 22" fan...I like 20" myself but in the end it's all about what you like best.

That being said your car is absolutely amazing, before I took the time to write this replied I drooled over the thread for 10 minutes ;)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts