Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Havent seen a thread on this yet. For all those hundreds here that have ordered their 300 can learn from the rest of have already purchased.

What are the TOP 4 sneaky things dealers have done/tried to do, to boost, pad, or tweak the numbers when signing the papers for your 300?

·
Registered
208 Posts
IT's not sneaky at all, but, locally here in SoCal, they add that $5,000-$7,000 "fair market value", then act like they are doing you a favor for talking to you. As if "It's higher in the bay area" makes their tactic any more appealing.

I realize they can't be expected to go "$500 over factory invoice," but it's been YEARS since a domestic car in volume production has generated this much buzz. I can't imagine how many have simply gone elsewhere due to the nose in the air treatment seen at most local dealers.

·
Registered
134 Posts
My dealer screwed me on the financing. Chrysler was offering $100 cash back with there financing. I have perfect credit and dealer gave me like 7.9% or somethink. I found out they added 2% on top of what chrysler added. I eventually switched to my credit union after finding out they lied to everyone about financing must stay for 3 months or you lose the financing this ended up not being true but dealer gets a kickback if car owner keeps financing for 30 days w/chrysler. I also should have asked for a discount off of sticker since my car had 900 miles on it.

·
Registered
257 Posts
wow you all need to come to washignton state and buy your 300's look on cars.com or autotrader.com under 98407 zip code there are tons

I just bought a base model for 21400$ put 22's on it dash kit and tinted the windows and getting ready to 2 tone the paint and I will be in it under 26000$ not to bad

·
Registered
294 Posts
thedon01 - No hemi though right? The upcharge people are talkign about is on the 300C's. YOu can get base 300's pretty much anywhere I think.

·
Registered
257 Posts
21400$ is a smokin deal everyone thinks it is a 300c that asks about it I have had offers on it for 30000$ bucks but cant let it go it looks to damn cool I will post some pics soon

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OMG that was funny

Oh my God, I think this is the first time I caught myself laughing out loud at my computer screen. That was a damn funny analogy. I couldnt think of one better.
True, you could juice up the outside of a base model to look like a C, but it truly is a different car entirely.

Ok what other dealer scams are out there?

·
Registered
506 Posts
thedon, if I bought a car for $21400, or even $24000 after tax and someone offered me 30K for it... I would have the title signed over so fast and kiss er' goodbye.. With that money you could go right back and get yourself a limited or touring and get the rims you wanted with that $$....

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
4 Common Dealer tricks to watch out for are:

Some have been tried on me - unsuccessfully I might add.

1.Agreeing to a price and upping it at the delivery point by
a) Just brazenly demanding more $$ or
b) Agreeing to the price and at the point of sale when the salesperson goes the the manager to do the final paperwork, upping the price on the contract. Then when you point it out, apologising profusely for the "mistaken" upped price, or just keeping quiet and internally smiling if you sign the upped price contract. Yes it is a legal contract and extremely difficult, if not impossible to change after you've signed. (tried on me)
c) Financing: a common trick is; the dealer calls a few weeks after sale to say "your financing fell through, we need more money". They blame your credit history. Another twist is they lie, and say "we found you a lower rate, come resign the loan papers." See 1b)

2. Overpriced add ons: such as dealer sold, extended warranties at full or near full price, paint protection treatments which are often pushed after the salesperson has finished with you - they think your more relaxed and less defensive then. You can do the paint treatments yourself using quality protective treatments. Alternate source for factory warranties are available. (tried on me)

3. Trade-in offers at $1000 to $4000 below market price. (tried on me)

4. Orders from the factory. The car should not cost more than the cars on the lot. It does not cost dealers more, but actually less, it's ordered as part of their weekly buying. New car factory orders don't sit on a lot waiting to sell, they cost dealers $0 on interest. New car dealers require a deposit, try not to give more than $500. Don't pay deposits by check, use a credit card only. When the car comes in and they jack the price up saying there was "a price increase", it's easy to dispute it off your credit card. If you paid by check, they cashed it, and you're screwed.

There are some great salespeople out there, they know their facts, they don't mislead or confuse their customers, and they stick to their deals.

Knowledge is power. Good luck.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts