Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have been testing a looser torque converter for the last several months. Here are my observations:

1. the brake stall speed goes up from about 2200 rpm to about 2700 rpm.

2. this means that you get more power to the tires sooner when you hit the gas.

3. seat of the pants on a modified srt8 is that you will snap your head back and bark the tires very easily.

4. the car just "feels" faster - like it would if you added a gear to the car.

5. is it quicker? we went to the track and had a harder time getting traction due to the converter. so we had worse 60 ft times but our et's were the same as with the stock converter (12.7's with the magnum). if you were running drag radials i think you would see a tenth or 2 from the converter. but on street tires you probably wont see any track et improvements.

6. on the street you will feel the butt dyno improvements every time you nail the go pedal.

OK, so here is the deal:

1. group buy price is $800 plus shipping. this is a core exchange deal. so we send you our modified converter then you send us back your stock unit.

2. we have 2 cores, so we can ship 1-2 per week depending on how quickly we get the other cores back from customers.

3. we can begin shipping next week.

4. this upgrade should work with most any other mods.

5. money back guarantee - if you install our converter and test drive your hemi for a day and dont like it for any reason, we will take it back as long as you dont thrash on it for more than a day. this will not be the case tho, its that impressive.

ok, a few of you step forward and try it out. once you see how well it works then everybody else is going to want one. and since you were one of the first ones to do it then you wont have to wait like the other guys.

·
Registered
7 Posts
John, my best friend runs a modified Jaguar XJR that uses the same Mercedes transmission as the LX cars. Is his torque converter similar enough that you could offer him a restall of his converter?

Thanks,
Dan

·
Registered
36 Posts
Wow, small world seeing you here, Dan.

<---aka: DNR Fleet, MFBA. (in a past life...lol)

John--this sounds similar to a conversation I had with John <?> at Precision Industries awhile back. Stall increase and improved efficiency...right? Also, are these modified units painted or natural (stealthy/warranty friendly)?

trent...:D

·
Registered
7 Posts
Voice of Reason said:

Holy crap! :sour: Trent! WTF? See you at GLD, bro. :01:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Oh, and John the other question I had was if you knew for certain what I suspect, which is that the TCC locks up in 2nd gear--it certainly feels like it.

Thanks in advance....

·
Premium Member
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Voice of Reason said:

John--this sounds similar to a conversation I had with John <?> at Precision Industries awhile back. Stall increase and improved efficiency...right? Also, are these modified units painted or natural (stealthy/warranty friendly)?

we modify the stock unit so it looks stock from the outside. i dont see one of these upgrades causing any warranty issues. rear tire wear will be a problem tho.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts