Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As some of you might remember, my car got keyed the same day or following day I got the car... yeah, go figure... well.. I managed to get some of the light scratch out with a polish... there is a tiny part where the paint chipped off and you see the light grey underneath. Today I washed and waxed and noticed I got doored already ;( and the trim on the door got chipped as well...

My question is, has any of you ever used the touch paints? I have used it on my previous vehicle and the results were horrible, it was a thick smeared result... the instructions said apply, so I did. :D

Is there a special technique to apply the touch up paint? Any tips or references are greatly appreciated. Thanks!
~~~
Here are just some pics of her with the 6% tints on the back and 16% on the front.

Attachments

·
Registered
52 Posts
Personally, I'd make a claim on my insurance for vandalism. If you're deductible isn't that bad, make a claim and have it repainted. Happened to me on my SS, was keyed twice. Over $1200 in damage paid with a $250 deductible. Rates won't go up because it's claimed under comprehensive damage. Don't bother with touch up paint unless you're covering up stone or rock chips.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, they are very minor, they are the size of a stone chip that's why I mentioned the touch up paint. honestly, i wouldn't care much if it wasn't black, I'll take a picture later on and post it, the key one only scratched the clear coat and only one bit chipped the paint, the door trim is also just a tiny bit, I just know that if untreated, it can start getting rust spots on it.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I applied touchup to a couple of rock chips. I just touched the brush with a tooth pick and applied. There was enough paint on the head of the tooth pick that it filled the hole nicely.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
cool, I'll try that, because my problem is too much paint getting on the car, the site I posted mentions the toothpick as well, thanks for the tip CV...

By the way, where did you get your touch up paint? the few places I've found online do not have the vehicle as an option :(

Also, did you use base color? clear coat? Thanks!

·
Administrator
7,117 Posts
Tha187um said:
cool, I'll try that, because my problem is too much paint getting on the car, the site I posted mentions the toothpick as well, thanks for the tip CV...

By the way, where did you get your touch up paint? the few places I've found online do not have the vehicle as an option :(

Also, did you use base color? clear coat? Thanks!
www.paintscratch.com will custom-blend paint according to your VIN and includes very detailed instructions for application. Don't forget to order clear coat as well.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks, it really convinced me :) I'll give it a try on my Mazda first, it has about 40 chips on the hood :( I'll post results...

Thanks Hemeee, thanks BBH

1 - 10 of 10 Posts