Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi

well, after the monumental cock up of yesterday I expressed an interest on a removable tow bar. Can anyone give me an idea on the cost of parts and the cost of labour? Also if anyone has any pictures I'd appreciate seeing a few.

tks in advance

·
Premium Member
4,050 Posts
hi

well, after the monumental cock up of yesterday I expressed an interest on a removable tow bar. Can anyone give me an idea on the cost of parts and the cost of labour? Also if anyone has any pictures I'd appreciate seeing a few.

tks in advance
I have the Chrysler Mopar removable one on mine. If you look closely at my picture below you may see it :biggrin:

Nice bit of kit, has a fold down 13pin socket and was supplied with a 13 to twin socket converter. Expensive but decent looking tow bar. Have not used it yet though. :biggrin:

Tow bar £ 275.58
Wiring kit £ 106.94
13 to twin cable £ 31.28
labour £ 180.00

Prices plus vat

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have the factory fit removable too. Mine came with free 1st service:) due to fitting delaying delivery of car.

So far I have towed a 630 conqueror caravan, various jetski's and boats and a Brian James self tip car trailer. In all about 2.5K towing miles with no hint of problem. Easy to detach and refit with key and twist lock I have both twin and single adaptor

Word to the wise.. if you leave the single 7 pin to 13 pin adaptor on without the trailer lighting connected the can bus system will show up various lighting and rear parking sensors errors and Bongs all the time, so no trailer connected do not leave the adaptor plugged in. Had the local dealer worried on that one:pat: until I worked it out.

·
Premium Member
4,050 Posts
Hi Jimbo,

What weight is your caravan? Mines a Sterling Elite Explorer, twin axle model and had a gross weight of 1760kg.

I hope it tows it ok, may have to limit the load in it a bit.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts