Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 07 300 SRT and looking into towing a small jet boat. 1500lb with light tongue weight. I found a mopar hitch for the car that has worked for other members. I want to know if others have towed similar loads with their SRT and what kind of problems they are or have had. It looks like other models are using SRT components to make their towing better so... I have concerns with the transmission mainly. To me it seems like it would be fine because there is a trans cooler and is already a stout trans. I have a tranzformer installed. Would this help or hurt me. I am looking for real world experience, so if you are going to tell me that the manual says dont on page 288 I already know that. Most cars say that BTW. And dont post if all you have to say is "why would i do that" etc. I dont have a truck and not gonna buy one. :)

Reactions: FASTINFLORIDA

·
Registered
25 Posts
The 300C, Charger and Challenger are only rated to tow 1000lbs if I remember right. The Magnum has a reinforced rear and is rated to tow 3800lbs. The 300C owners manual makes no sense because my Magnum SRT8 owner's manual specifically states you can tow up to 3800lbs with the 6.1. I just towed a DeLorean body tub on my trailer this morning and I could barely tell there was anything back there. The combined weight was around 700lbs.

I have loaded about 1700lbs of concrete pavers into the back of my Magnum twice now and I definitely knew they were there. I imagine it would have been a lot better had they been on a trailer but I didn't have my hitch installed yet.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts