Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
are all 300c's equipped with TPMS? not sure if my car is equipped, I dont have any TPM sensors on my stock wheels. if not, what do I need to have TPMS. Thanks

·
Premium Member
6,091 Posts
<Bump>,,,,,,,,,,,

I am not sure about the 05's........ I thought it was in 06 they got added?

·
Administrator
23,441 Posts
Nope. TPM's first came out in 2006's so you're 05 doesn't have the system. Strange though cuz the 2005 Jeep GC had them.

Bernie

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the clarification guys!! sucks tho

·
Administrator
23,441 Posts
sorry. wrong. i have a 2005 and it has tpms
That just CAN'T be. It wasn't an option till 2006. Here's the complete 2005 specs and TPM's aren't there.

Bernie

Attachments

·
Registered
164 Posts
i changed the tires and the tpm's where there. as far as i know the ones that were changed out were the originals

·
Administrator
23,441 Posts
i changed the tires and the tpm's where there. as far as i know the ones that were changed out were the originals
OK, different story, but you still don't have the module or the EVIC display capability. You simply have the sending units that were on the wheels.

Bernie

·
Premium Member
10,829 Posts
Yep! I have to agree with Rambit's analysis here. The 2005 models don't have the EVIC option to read the TPMs. The original Conti's didn't come with the TPMs although I wish they did.

bruno

·
Registered
164 Posts
you could be right. i have only had the car for a couple months and never did figure out exactly how the tpm's worked. wonder why the senders are there though?where is the module located exactly?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Well this sucks.
I picked up a set of SRT rims over the winter and when I took the tires off so I can get them buffed and painted, I found they all have TPMS sensors in them.
The date on the sensors say 2005, my car is a Feb. 2005 C version.

I was hoping to use the TPMS if they were still any good. (how do you check?)

Now I find out my car can't even use them if they are good.

·
Premium Member
1,739 Posts
thanks for the clarification guys!! sucks tho
Why does it suck? I am glad not to have them. It will simplify things if I get a second set of wheels for the winter. I have spent 40 years of my life driving cars without TPMs and did not feel deprived.

·
Registered
9,851 Posts
I know the feeling,dam n blast tecnology,lol

·
Administrator
23,441 Posts
Yeah, I never could understand why the Jeep GC's had that in 2005, but we didn't get them. It could also be it was a law over in the UK/Europe, but I don't know for sure.

Bernie

1 - 16 of 16 Posts