Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

Sorry if this has come up before but I have read quite a few posts already and can't work it out.

My TPMS reads in Bar - no matter which option in the EVIC I change to Metric or English it won't change to PSI or Kpa. The other threads and the manual mention a "US" option but I do not get that option. Am i doing something wrong?

I have been in the personal settings and into the service menu but haven't been able to change it.

I have an 07 CRD touring.

Anyone else have a solution or is it not possible?

Thanks

Harky

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Hi mate, It's in there, you can change it in your trip computer details..trip A, trip B etc information, just keep scrolling up until you find it and change it with the side arrow on the left hand side of the steering wheel.

·
Registered
786 Posts
Hey Wog Boy,

Learn something new everyday on here. Gonna try and change mine in the morning.
Cheers for the tip:arms:

Richard

·
Registered
97 Posts
agreed, mine is in bar and i was hoping it could be psi but thought it must just be like that for the yanks, lol...

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
No worries fellas, I like to use PSI myself also, makes me feel safer seeing higher air pressure readings in PSI on the TPMS rolling on my 24's :biggrin: :biggrin:

·
Premium Member
5,268 Posts
I believe the issue here for Harky is that '07 and later builds do not have the user select option to change the pressure scale.

For those of us with the option you select "US" instead of "metric" in the Trip Computer section. This does not work for Harky from what he is saying and I recall another member with a later model described this limitation previously.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
True John, seems pretty crappy if that is the go then
Sorry to get your hopes up fellas :smashfrea :smashfrea

·
Registered
66 Posts
Just had a play, (mine is an 06 Hemi), changed the units of measure from Metric to US, and although everything then shows in ludicrous miles and mpg, the tyre pressure is still in bar! :(

Anyone had success with this on an 06?

·
Registered
786 Posts
Ya, just tried mine :thumbsdow
No luck. Now I might have to go and have a cruise to cheer me up:biggrin:

·
Registered
97 Posts
tried mine this morning. i have "metric" or "english"?!? both display in bar... but metric shows temp in c, english shows f... there are a few other changes, but pressure still reads bar :( oh well... i guess if it drops under 2.3 that is the only time i have to worry...

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the replies,

Atleast i wasn't as stupid as I was thinking I was, I will have to get used to converting Bar to PSI.

Cheers

Harky

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Just had a play, (mine is an 06 Hemi), changed the units of measure from Metric to US, and although everything then shows in ludicrous miles and mpg, the tyre pressure is still in bar! :(

Anyone had success with this on an 06?
Yeah mate, I can change mine from BAR to PSI, its a '06 hemi :fing02:

·
Registered
394 Posts
ludicrous miles and mpg,

Aaarghh, phillistine!.

The mile comes from mille passus (one thousand paces, so it relates to humans) the kilometre comes from the length of the decimal minute of latitude (around the earth!) so it relates to physics.

We don't say, give someone a centimetre & they'll take a kilometre, we say give some one an inch & they'll take a mile.

same goes for gallons & litres DON'T get me started!.....

PS the yanks use a short gallon, a real gallon is bigger by 20%!...

·
Registered
302 Posts
Hey I've got an '06 HEMI and I can change the tyre pressure measurement...I just change the settings under the personal settings menu in the EVIC from metric to US and it shows it in PSI?

So rather than 2.4-2.5 etc it reads 38, 39 PSI...

This is what we're talking about right? Or am missing something here?

Paulo

·
Premium Member
403 Posts
Yes it's quite a pain, unfortunately some allow the change, others dont.
I just round it off & go with the following:

32psi 2.2bar
34psi (closer to 2.4bar)
36psi 2.5bar
38psi 2.6bar

1 - 16 of 16 Posts