Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 114 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right after a morning of stalking certain shoppers this morning we got back a bit earlier than i thought. So up to my local tyre man to put one of these new sensors in. Result IT WORKS we fitted one on the R/H rear fired up and "Low pressure R/H rear" on the evic and tyre light on so off down the local bypass with not much confidence but sure enough after about 2 miles out goes the light and pressure registers on the EVIC chuffed or what!!. They do take some pulling through though (plenty of lube required ooeer:shock:) going back tomorrow afternoon to fit the other three. Anyway good result. I have mailed Steve at Bartec to thank him and ask him if they can supply them and also to clarify this "Sleep/Park mode thing. So looks like 56029481AAare the ones we've been looking for

·
Premium Member
13,325 Posts
did you ask if he is willing to supply forum members as we discussed? (or even a job lot to vover sveral of us .... hoping for a bulk discount here!).

ps.... bloody good effort Chris - you're right, we need them supplied in park mode, or else we'll need to find an activation tool which is a nightmare! At least your guy can send them out ready to go

·
Premium Member
2,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes i asked him if he can supply a job lot to us forum members KB. I also asked if could put them in park mode for a small fee if somebody gets them from elsewhere.

·
Registered
9,851 Posts
Sleep/park mode thing......???

·
Premium Member
2,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sleep/park mode thing......???
Apparently they are supplied in "Sleep mode" presumably to preserve the battery life and have to be activated into what they call "Park mode" to make them work

·
Registered
9,851 Posts
gotchya,bit like pulling the bit of plastic away from the battery contacts when you buy a new gismo....lol

·
Registered
655 Posts
So the big question is what's the cost? And are they compatible with facelift 300C models?

My dealer-sourced, all-metal replacement for my facelift 300C was a 68078768AA at £63 (although one dealer's flogging them on ebay at £51).

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
Great result Chrisp. Hopefully Schrader will come across with a decent supplier who won't rip us off. Thanks once again for all your work on this. rgds Doug L

·
Premium Member
2,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am talking with Steve at Bartec at the moment on price and supply. He cant see any reason why they wont work on the facelifts (same operating system pre facelift/facelift as far as he's concerned) ie as long has you have a sensor that is for a "premium system" (explained in the tpms interchangability post) which all our "Cs" have and it operates at 433Mhz then you should be in business. I will post up what he says on price and supply when he lets me know:wink:

·
Registered
655 Posts
I am talking with Steve at Bartec at the moment on price and supply. He cant see any reason why they wont work on the facelifts (same operating system pre facelift/facelift as far as he's concerned) ie has long has you have a sensor that is for a "premium system" (explained in the tpms interchangability post) which all our "Cs" have and it operates at 433Mhz they you should be in business. I will post up what he says on price and supply when he lets me know:wink:
Thanks for all your hard work!

·
Premium Member
2,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Great result Chrisp. Hopefully Schrader will come across with a decent supplier who won't rip us off. Thanks once again for all your work on this. rgds Doug L
Thanks for all your hard work!
Its good to get a result and Steve has bent over backwards to help on this. Plus as a bonus i did get 4 for free to try:wink1: I just hope he can either supply them at reasonable money or put us on to somebody who can.

·
Premium Member
13,325 Posts
So what was the matter with your original ones ?

problems with the alloy stem - they snap randomly & leave you stranded (usually when filling the tyres at a garage). The valve caps can also corrode onto the stem making them impossible to remove without damage

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
problems with the alloy stem - they snap randomly & leave you stranded (usually when filling the tyres at a garage). The valve caps can also corrode onto the stem making them impossible to remove without damage
I recently replaced a leaking TPMS valve after 5 yrs service and then discovered it only needed a new plastic seal. The original had probably been damaged during wheel replacement and/or not renewed as recommended by Schrader. I doubt whether wheel/tyre fitters use TPMS service kits. Following removal and inspection of the valve, I could see no evidence of corrosion that might have weakened the valve stem, so to break it off you would need to be fairly heavy handed. I did once have a valve cap corrosion problem when using metal caps, but since replacing them with the plastic variety I've had no further problems.

·
Premium Member
13,325 Posts
I recently replaced a leaking TPMS valve after 5 yrs service and then discovered it only needed a new plastic seal. The original had probably been damaged during wheel replacement and/or not renewed as recommended by Schrader. I doubt whether wheel/tyre fitters use TPMS service kits. Following removal and inspection of the valve, I could see no evidence of corrosion that might have weakened the valve stem, so to break it off you would need to be fairly heavy handed. I did once have a valve cap corrosion problem when using metal caps, but since replacing them with the plastic variety I've had no further problems.

theres plenty of posts that show that youre lucky.....anyway, it only takes it happening once to completely muck up your day - especially for those of us without a spare. I've suffered the tyre cap seizing too....I'd rather not have a stem snap on the move (it has happened.

Just tell them to be careful when unscrewing the valve core. On one of my CRDs the core was siezed in and my tyre man knackered it getting it out. If it wont unscrew its best to just hold it in to let the old tyre down:wink1:
Not sure if you'll be able to see this but obe side of the thread to my Tyre valve has snapped of. See pics.

Anyone with spare they are selling?

What are my options here as i cant get air into the tyre?
If it helps, i have a broken/snapped tyre thingy.
Went to check my tyre pessures yesterday and the valve and stem just snapped right off :oops:
I'm just waiting on a new replacement part at the mo, but once i get this sorted, i should have the broken unit/sensor (thats if kwik-fit don't throw it away) :sad6:

Cheers

Keith

Hi all

Nightmare today tried filling rear driver side tire a bit and valve snapped clean in half, both rear look a bit corroded (fronts still shiny) only owned car a year so I think rears were the originals. Anyhow I'm in newcastle UK does anyone have a part number for 2005 model? Is that £38 above the fitted price? Does it have to be done at a Chrysler dealer, or can my local kwik fit centre not just order them in and do the job thierselves? Sorry chaps panicking a bit as I think it best I change both rear sensors at same time

Any replies will be very helpful
One of my tyre pressure sensor valve has broken, the dealership are charging £31 for a replacement which I can live with but they tell me I will need to take it into them to have it re programmed at £60 . Does anyone know a way around this, can it be a diy job ?

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
Perhaps I have been lucky - as with swirl motors, alternators and numerous other foibles which have been reported. As I'm aware of the fragility of TPMS valves, I only ever use my own foot pump for inflation and I'm very careful when attaching or removing the nozzle or pressure gauge. One culprit that hasn't been mentioned is the high-pressure jet wash which has dispatched at least one valve belonging to one of the members of this forum. These water jets also have the capability of inflicting tyre damage, so are best avoided.

·
Premium Member
2,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
We fitted the other three today and they all worked ok they all started working at exactly the same place on the road as the one yesterday. Steve at Bartec says that he doesn't think this part no is stocked in the UK from any supplier at the moment but he's going to contact Schrader about price and availabilty. He also asked how many we might need so he may have a deal up his sleeve perhaps ??

·
Registered
577 Posts
When I got a TPMS replaced at dealer a few months ago, the guy said they are starting to order new rubber valves in to replace the metal ones to stop the corrosion?

Has anybody recieved one of these when ordering one?

Do these sound similar to the ones you have just put on your car?

1 - 20 of 114 Posts