Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

61 - 80 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Just to restart this thread, I was checking my tyre pressures today and inflating where needed, and..........an ally valve stem broke when attaching the inflator !!!!! took wheel to the local tyre garage and had a standard rubber valve fitted.
Last time I had a tyre fitted they broke the sensor off the valve and snapped the wire that attaches to the valve stem so that was replaced with a standard rubber stem.
The stem that broke today is buggered but the sensor is still ok but as the car is a 2006 they probs wont last much longer any hows, looking at my sensors the part No is 56053031AD ? not seen that No mentioned in this thread??

Found these on fleabay and it my part No plus some others?? what do you guys in the know think??
Chrysler Jeep Dodge - Tyre Pressure Monitor Sensor TPMS - UK Spec 433mhz | eBay

They are the schrader type 433mhz with part No 65722-67, this part No can be found cheaper with other sellers on ebay but are they the same?? what a flippin nightmare this is !!!
My head hurts now lol !!!

Jim.

·
Premium Member
4,956 Posts
Look no further or bother with part numbers, for piece of mind go to custom300cshop.co.uk, they got these bits :yup:

Here the link

Chrysler 300c Wheels

·
Premium Member
4,956 Posts
Metal stem transmit better & so have the capacity at those speeds :yup:

·
Registered
5,048 Posts
At least we quote the speed rating, Unlike some sellers on ebay, Not a clue why the speed rating is on them, maybe to Match the limiter on the USA cars?? i had no problem at 140+ :)

·
Premium Member
2,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
I undoubtedly agree, but i wonder if those who buy the rubber stem version are aware of the speed limitations.
I think i was the first to fit the rubber stemmed ones and after fitting them i came upon this speed limitation thing. I contacted Schrader about it and basically they are not going to fall apart or break up if you go above 115mph what they say is they "may" leak slightly if you run at speeds above 115mph for long periods.

·
Registered
587 Posts
At least we quote the speed rating, Unlike some sellers on ebay, Not a clue why the speed rating is on them, maybe to Match the limiter on the USA cars?? i had no problem at 140+ :)
I think i was the first to fit the rubber stemmed ones and after fitting them i came upon this speed limitation thing. I contacted Schrader about it and basically they are not going to fall apart or break up if you go above 115mph what they say is they "may" leak slightly if you run at speeds above 115mph for long periods.
while a rubber valve may only weigh a few grams, at high speed the rubber stem will near enough be laid flat against the rim due to centrifugal force which MAY cause a little leakage around the valve hole in the rim.
Unlikely on alloy rims, due to the deeper valve recess, but In extreme cases with steel rims the stem could bend far enough to pop out of the rim.

·
Premium Member
6,753 Posts
while a rubber valve may only weigh a few grams, at high speed the rubber stem will near enough be laid flat against the rim due to centrifugal force which MAY cause a little leakage around the valve hole in the rim.
Unlikely on alloy rims, due to the deeper valve recess, but In extreme cases with steel rims the stem could bend far enough to pop out of the rim.
Whilst the rubber valve may only weigh a few grams it has a sensor screwed on the end of it by one small screw. If we didn't tell anyone about the max rated limit and something bad was to happen we would be in the brown smelly stuff. Thats why we offer an upgrade to the metal stem and a service kit for the Schrader sensors :wink:

·
Registered
117 Posts
From what I have read, having no TPMS is an MOT fail ?

I have 22" after market wheels with no sensors fitted.

Firstly can TPMS be fitted to After market wheels?

How do I find out what ones are needed if there are no sensors present?

it never rains but it pours :banghead:

·
Registered
587 Posts
From what I have read, having no TPMS is an MOT fail ?

I have 22" after market wheels with no sensors fitted.

Firstly can TPMS be fitted to After market wheels?

How do I find out what ones are needed if there are no sensors present?

it never rains but it pours :banghead:
true, it is now a fail item but only on 2012 onwards vehicles

·
Premium Member
4,956 Posts
The OEM metal stems definitely fit as I have them on my 22" Startechs, no problems whatsoever :yup:

·
Registered
587 Posts
So your saying that my 2006 300c with the TPMS removed with the alarm bells singing will pass an MOT ?
Had a hunt through VOSA's website but not the easiest to find stuff on.

from the AA website...

Tyres
Tyre pressure monitoring systems fitted to vehicles first registered after 1 January 2012 must be working correctly and not indicating a malfunction.

both my brother and a garage owner friend, both MOT testers, have confirmed it will not be retrospectively applied.

if your tester does fail it you have solid grounds for an appeal.

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
If no TPMS valves are fitted, eg with winter tyres/wheels, would this result in a warning light/bong or just an absence of pressure readings? Would either of these events result in an MOT fail?

·
Registered
587 Posts
If no TPMS valves are fitted, eg with winter tyres/wheels, would this result in a warning light/bong or just an absence of pressure readings? Would either of these events result in an MOT fail?
Pre 2012 registered it wont fail...unless they change the ruling again.
I believe, even on 2012 cars, its only an advisory anyway until 2015 when the ruling is implemented fully.

According to my handbook, if all sensors are removed then drive for at least 10 mins at more than 15mph until you get the warning bong again and the warning light will flash rapidly for 60 seconds.
at next start up the light and bong will not happen but the EVIC will show -- on all four corners.
the main thing is the light and bong are gone.

still have to confirm the above 'cos locally i cant drive 10mins without having to stop for one thing or another.
next out of town trip will confirm if it works.

61 - 80 of 114 Posts