Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

101 - 114 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
5,048 Posts
So what purpose does the small screw serve, and also must be correctly torqued, which screws through the copper link and on to the valve stem.

if the stem serves no purpose other than for inflation, surely it wouldnt have an electrical connection to the sensor

I really dont have a clue, i did convert one of the old valve and put a rubber stem on and that work fine

·
Registered
687 Posts
PS has anyone got an old sensor with knackerd stem they don't want. I have three on some wheels that are going for refurb. I am planning to stick them to the rim inside the tyre and use normal rubber valves.
I think I may still have one in the garage, I'll have a look in the morning. I do have four rubber stem ones on order from Tim so when I get them changed you are welcome to one of those if you can wait a couple of weeks or so.

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
I think I may still have one in the garage, I'll have a look in the morning. I do have four rubber stem ones on order from Tim so when I get them changed you are welcome to one of those if you can wait a couple of weeks or so.
That would be great. I don't want to put refurb wheels on yet with all the salt on the road so there's no hurry.
Many Thanks, Doug

·
Registered
687 Posts
No problem, I'll pm you for an address soon.

Sent from my Luna TAB274 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
19 Posts
Had this happen to me,warning that pressure was low so drove in garage to sort,i take cap off and whole valve comes out which h sent me into panic mode,luckily mate comes out of shop and tell him to take cover off front and put it on, quickly down to local tyre place which luckily only 3mile away,he puts spare valve in at cost of £12 but obviously warning ding now...
ring Chrysler dealer and he said can supply fit for£81 &no programming as tunes in after 20mlies so he said,thought at time was ok and not knowing much about this so booked it in but then quick research found updated version on ebay,no programming needed just to fit them so cancelled Chrysler booking ....
Haven't purchased any yet so any better options drop us a message,thanks

·
Registered
19 Posts
Am now on the case and im sure it is right,i remember searching tpms and was selling an updated version from what i have at mo, extra for upgraded stems but still seemed v cheap will have look now..

·
Registered
121 Posts
Had one TPM replaced today. It was the last one to be replaced from having the car from new (2008). They had to completely destroy the old one to get it out as all threads seized and very badly corroded. Part number of old unit was 56053031AD (433MHz). New one obtained from Chrysler dealer today is 56029527AA (433MHz) with much smaller body (Mopar Part No: 68078768AA and Dealer Part No A0603A). On starting the car the EVIC switched to the Tyre Pressure readouts, with 0 pressure on wheel with replaced TPM. Pressure started to record correctly after about 3 miles. However, I had to stop and switch everything off and re-start before I could get EVIC to switch away from Pressure readouts. All ok now.
Unit cost £52.99 + VAT. Got local Halfords Autocentre to install it (they successfully fitted the other three previously).

·
Registered
134 Posts
Lost Nut!!

My local garage lost the nut from my TPMS when changing a tyre.

I've tried several places, but have been told that the thread is not standard and I have failed to supply a replacement.

Anybody got any advice or a type / serial number that I could search on?

It's got Daimler Chrysler and 56053031AD on the left hand side, PA6.6 GF30 in the middle and SIEMENS VDO on the right.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Had one TPM replaced today. It was the last one to be replaced from having the car from new (2008). They had to completely destroy the old one to get it out as all threads seized and very badly corroded. Part number of old unit was 56053031AD (433MHz). New one obtained from Chrysler dealer today is 56029527AA (433MHz) with much smaller body (Mopar Part No: 68078768AA and Dealer Part No A0603A). On starting the car the EVIC switched to the Tyre Pressure readouts, with 0 pressure on wheel with replaced TPM. Pressure started to record correctly after about 3 miles. However, I had to stop and switch everything off and re-start before I could get EVIC to switch away from Pressure readouts. All ok now.
Unit cost £52.99 + VAT. Got local Halfords Autocentre to install it (they successfully fitted the other three previously).
I've just had all 4 TPMS valves replaced with 56029527AA (433MHz) at the same time. After driving off the EVIC initially showed all dashes, which changed shortly afterwards to 0.0 for every tyre. It bongs and brings up low pressure warnings when I start it up and all the 0.0s keep flashing. I've done a few miles but not a long journey yet. In the past I've only ever replaced one at a time and it's always kicked in with a reading after a couple of miles. These were new sensors in genuine Mopar packaging with a 2016 date code. Any thoughts on whether replacing all four at once has confused the system, or do I just need to do more driving around, or something else??

·
Registered
267 Posts
Sounds odd...
As you say, they normally come online after a few miles.
Maybe the rechargeable batteries are empty and they just need a longer drive.

101 - 114 of 114 Posts