Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I found out the rail car number that my C is on as it is being delivered. My car is on the CSX railroad. I called their toll free number and it's in Louisville Kentucky :) :) :) . You can ask Chrysler the rail car number from their toll free number.

To find out from CSX, call 1-877-744-7279 prompt 5, prompt 3. You enter the alpha part first, followed by the # key, then the number part followed by two #'s. You enter the alpha part by typing the number that has the letter, then 1,2 or 3 for the position of the letter on that number. E.G "E" would be 3 then 2 "T" would be 8 then 1.

HTH

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here's my journal of progression

Order Date: 05/24/04
VIN received 6/21/04
D1 Status 6/29/04
Build Date: in framing as of July 13th
Ship Date: On the train as of July 20th
Delivery Date: tbd

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
fatchance said:
C-Man
Your almost there. How many long and painfull weeks has it been. This way I can caculate (what seems to be a life time) how much longer I need to wait.
Don't use C-Man as a reference. He is the exception and not the rule. I ordered on May 27, 3 days after C-Man, and last I checked 3 days ago, I am still in D status with some vague estimate of build starting first week of August. From what I am reading, my situation is more the norm.
I am guessing 15 weeks to get my C, vs. the dealers 8-10 week original estimate.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Joey, since you are in D status, that should mean that yours will be built soon. How long has it been in D. From what I understand, they allocate which cars are going to be built for the month about the last week of the previous month, so you should go to D1 next week if it's getting built in August. I think I just got lucky and squeeked into the July schedule.

Fatchance, do you have a VON? That's the first step to being able to track your build process.

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
C-Man said:
Joey, since you are in D status, that should mean that yours will be built soon. How long has it been in D. From what I understand, they allocate which cars are going to be built for the month about the last week of the previous month, so you should go to D1 next week if it's getting built in August. I think I just got lucky and squeeked into the July schedule.

Fatchance, do you have a VON? That's the first step to being able to track your build process.
I went to D on July 6th or 7th and was told build would be last week of July.
Then when I called last Monday, July 19 I was told build was first week of August. This slow and painful wait, and now schedule creep, is starting to prey on my physic. My wife keeps telling me to quit reading these forums and staring at C pictures. She keeps reminding me how a watched pot never boils, or some other stupid sayings :eek: I was hoping to get around $5-6k on my Pontiac Bonneville SSEI, but after all the wait and added miles I got to now reset my expectations.

·
Registered
58 Posts
My car was ordered 4/24 ---it got reordered 6/6 ,don't know why. It was not the dealer---went to D with a build date the week of 7/19-----the build date has been moved to the week of 8/9.. I'm loosing my mind.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Sounds like my situation. Ordered April 17, reordered with same VON early June.(Chrysler says dealer, dealer says Chrysler--nobody saying why) Now have VIN and tenative build date of August 9. Chrysler says not firm--could be earlier--could be later.Dealer not saying anything.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Tracking on Norfolk?

I got the good news that my car has been shipped and is in transit. I've got a rail car number. However, it is being shipped via Norfolk Southern. Has anyone tracked through them? Could you provide a phone number or website?

Any help is appreciated. Am super excited that I might get the car in a week or two!!! :D

·
Registered
122 Posts
I notice many of you know the exact date and time your car was built. How or where do you get that information? Ive looked on the dooor jam and all I see is 07-04 meaining July 2004. Where is all this detailed info comming from?

Thanks

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Blue said:
I notice many of you know the exact date and time your car was built. How or where do you get that information? Ive looked on the dooor jam and all I see is 07-04 meaining July 2004. Where is all this detailed info comming from?

Thanks
In the lower left of the door jam sticker you will see MDH xxyyzz. That's for Month, Day, Hour. xx=Month, yy=Day, and zz=Hour.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts