1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I here a lot about tracking your order.

How do I do this?

My salesmen is clueless:( he says he normally sells off the lot.

Tanks Brian

·
Registered
68 Posts
My dealer was clueless also. Calling Customer Service was a waste of time if you didn't get the Detroit office. go to this web site

http://www.bramptonassembly.com/board/index.php

That's the Brampton employee web site. they have a section called "Private Quarters" that you can get access to if you help support the site ($20). The employee's there are the best you will ever deal with. They will help you track your vehical all the way through manufacturing. it was the best $20 i spent. Check it out.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Do want to track the building of your order or the delivery of the vehicle? The salesman should be able to log on to the Chrysler dealer website to determine the status of the build, i.e. what stage it is in. You can also call Chrysler on the phone. To find out the delivery, for instance where the train is that has your car, then you will need to do something else. Check out dodgemagnum.net for more detailed info.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi and thanks

Ventana cool sounds like $20.00 well spent.

C-man good website must check it out.

Tanks for the help.:D

Brian

·
Registered
334 Posts
Normal salespeople can't access dealer's order status, they usually don't have access. Whomever placed the actual order at the dealership can check pretty easily.
RT

·
Registered
44 Posts
Ventana said:
My dealer was clueless also. Calling Customer Service was a waste of time if you didn't get the Detroit office. go to this web site

http://www.bramptonassembly.com/board/index.php

That's the Brampton employee web site. they have a section called "Private Quarters" that you can get access to if you help support the site ($20). The employee's there are the best you will ever deal with. They will help you track your vehical all the way through manufacturing. it was the best $20 i spent. Check it out.
The "donation" is now $25. Still worth it.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Tracking your order is pretty easy once you know what to do. The way I tracked my order was to call DCX's Customer Service number (800-992-1997) and follow the voice prompts. (Word of caution here..DCX has two Customer Service Centers, one in Tennessee, and the main Customer Service Center, located in Auburn Hills, Michigan.) The Tennessee location, when I would call in to check the status, would not have accurate information, I later found out that DCX is trying to synchronize the systems for uniformity. The way that you know that you are in the call queue for the Auburn Hills Call Center, is when the phone prompts ask for part of the VIN number, as well as computer generated music, rather than what I call "Doctor's Office hold music". If you don't have a VIN yet, don't worry, your selling dealer should have a VON number for you. The VON number will work with the Customer Service reps as well. You will not be issued a VIN until the car hits "D1" status, which means basically that the car is getting ready to be produced on the line. The car remains in "D1" status for about 3 weeks while parts are allocated and secured. The car begins on the line shortly after the 3 week waiting period ends. Then the car hits the line and moves along pretty quickly. According to the assembly team at Brampton, it takes approximately 24 hours to build your car. After the car is manufactured, it is then sent to the Quality Control area for inspection and final approval, and shipment. For example, I have listed my milestones for my base 300 below:

11/8-ORDER PLACED BY DEALER TO BRAMPTON ASSY.
11/10-D-FIRM SCHEDULE PARTS AVAILABLE
11/11-D1-GATELINE-VIN # ESTABLISHED
11/20-E-FRAME
11/20-F-PAINT
11/22-G-TRIM
11/29-J-BUILT OK’D
11/30-KZ-RELEASED BY PLANT
12/06-DEALER ARRIVAL & DELIVERY

From order to placement, my order took approximately one month. Some vehicles may be longer.

I hope this helps.

Sincerely yours,

Brian T. Carotenuto

·
Registered
665 Posts
You are right, Bobs05RT! When I purchased my 300, the dealer had orders that were still waiting since JUNE! I ordered my 300 in November '04.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Bobs05RT said:
Hemi powered cars take a lot longer.
Depends on the dealer. I ordered my C on 11/10/04 and was in the driver seat on 1/3/05.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Thanks for the info

1 - 11 of 11 Posts