Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just watching the show Hogan Knows Best and i saw Hogan track his daughters car throguh his computer.
Is there a way that the 300's equipped with Navigations can do that.
Maybe Enter the serial number of our GPS into a database and it can track our cars movement.
I really dont wanna go any buy something and attack it to my car, i was just guessing maybe we can use our Navigation to do it somehow.

·
Registered
28 Posts
NautcaSprt6 said:
I was just watching the show Hogan Knows Best and i saw Hogan track his daughters car throguh his computer.
Is there a way that the 300's equipped with Navigations can do that.
Maybe Enter the serial number of our GPS into a database and it can track our cars movement.
I really dont wanna go any buy something and attack it to my car, i was just guessing maybe we can use our Navigation to do it somehow.
My Company is developing something like this, it will have a NAV system, GPS Tracking, On Board Computer, High Speed internet, WiFi, and many many more options. I have a prototype in my C now.
As soon as I get the scripts completed I will give you a username/password so you can log into our site and see my locations, speed, and many other things.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Tracking

For "tracking" to occur, your car has to broadcast its position. With the conventional NAV, there is no such "broadcast" capability. It only has "recieve" capability. Any tracking ability will have to be designed and built specially and added to existing systems; the medium of broadcast, would be satellite, terrestrial cellphone based or wifi or whatever other wireless standards that will come down the pike

jaydee

jbs123 said:
My Company is developing something like this, it will have a NAV system, GPS Tracking, On Board Computer, High Speed internet, WiFi, and many many more options. I have a prototype in my C now.
As soon as I get the scripts completed I will give you a username/password so you can log into our site and see my locations, speed, and many other things.

·
Registered
268 Posts
for jbs

JBS, any ballpark $ figures for your systems? How about a breakdown of the costs involved?
Jay

jbs123 said:

·
Registered
28 Posts
jaydee said:
JBS, any ballpark $ figures for your systems? How about a breakdown of the costs involved?
Jay

Working it out now.

What we are trying to do is for those who dont have OnStar and would like that capability with VOIP, Tracking, NAV, WiFi Capabilities around your Car, and advanced audio and video capabilities.
This is new to us also. We are an ISP looking at expanding.

(However, My main focus in this forum is to mod the hell out of my 300C and maybe get some club together).

·
Registered
268 Posts
I hear ya

jbs123 said:
(However, My main focus in this forum is to mod the hell out of my 300C and maybe get some club together).
Hey I hear you- I was just remarking to a friend that with my last new car, a Toyota Avalon XLS, I did NOTHING to it till I sold it 5 years later. This one however, is a different beast- I have ripped out panels and wiring and modded it like no other!!

jay

1 - 8 of 8 Posts