Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was out for a cruise and got caught in a rain shower, so i was messin around and i wanted to see how efficient the ESP was. Under light acceleration i felt it working but when i nailed it, it was uncontrollable (wheelspin). My 04 GTO's traction control was very noticible. Anybody have any experiences?

·
Registered
179 Posts
I don't seem to get that much with it turned on......boy when you turn it off though

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have also had two similar experiences with my SRT8 on wet roads. With traction control turned on, the wheels would spin before I realized what was going on and the car would start fishtailing. I wasn't being real aggressive with the throttle, but it felt like there wasn't any traction control. It was very easy to get the car back in control, but it really shows how relaxed the traction control setting is on the SRT8.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Hmmmm-so there is actually a reason to turn on the traction control?!! :biggrin: I thought it was suppose to be WOT,with it off----oooops~~ :nutkick:

·
Registered
443 Posts
I can tell a little bit of a difference, but either way i can sit-n-spin for awhile.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think the tires are not the best in the rain either. I was cruising at 60 and hit it, lots of wheelspin. whoa! that was fun!!!

·
Registered
482 Posts
I haven't turned the ESP off yet; but I have seen some rain, (not hard to believe in the Great Northwet), and I haven't noticed any wheel spin. I also haven't tried REALLY HARD.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Wet Traction

With the stock Goodyears I could light up the tires at 60 mph in the wet on a mashed throttle downshift esp on or off. Either way the esp cuts in and corrects the situation after a bit. Its a little scary if you dont like that kind of thing. I like it since you cant really light them up when its dry thanks to the ESP.

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
Scary, with esp on I don't want any wheelspin. In my 87 300E years ago I hit ice on a bridge while going straight slightly accelerating up hill, it did a 90, then 180 the opposite direction tapped the guardrail. I always thought if only I had TCS it would have kicked in before I knew what was happening and prevented me from ruining my undershorts. You guys are saying that our TCS is kind of slow?

·
Registered
364 Posts
I wonder if you turn esp off and remove the trac control fuse could you light it up all the way hmmmmmmmmmmmm

·
Premium Member
4,071 Posts
I've driven throught light and heavy rain. It never occurred to me being a powerful rear wheel drive car that I should be careful.........because I NEVER had any spin.

The ESP is GREAT and you don't even know it's working.

IMHO.

·
Registered
128 Posts
That's what they do at the SRT Track Experience, they pull the fuse.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Our SRT-8 Magnum allows me to get some serious wheel spin even with the ESP engages on rare occasions....It is almost like I catch the system sleeping. It happens on dry roads and typically when I give it a good stab to 2/3 throttle or more, quickly, from a stop. 99% of the time, the ESP does its job.

Todd

·
Registered
145 Posts
I fry the tires right through the ESP and second gear!!!

·
Registered
139 Posts
Trainwreck said:
What fuse does one pull to defeat the limiter? I think they do that at the SRT track experience too?

Ray
Seems like it was #17 but I am not sure. And yes, the idiot light stays on, becauase I asked them if they pulled the fuse when I noticed the light on.

·
Premium Member
4,071 Posts
Trainwreck said:
What fuse does one pull to defeat the limiter? I think they do that at the SRT track experience too?

Ray

This is such a bad idea on so many levels if you're referring to the Rev limiter.

As far as speed limiter, I really don't think there is one. I remember reading (I think it was a Gilles article) that specifically quoated "ungoverned."

1 - 20 of 21 Posts