Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so on my '13 on press of the TC button is traction control off, and a second push activates the launch control.

My Trinity has program adjustment for TC and one of the settings is dialed.

Does anyone know if there is a difference between the two, i.e., does the dash button fully disable TC or only partially?

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
4,252 Posts
TC is never completely disabled, it is just pushed back a bit. Remember that stability control and all is an integrated system here.

There is an option on gen 1's called dyno mode that really disables it all.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
TC is never completely disabled, it is just pushed back a bit. Remember that stability control and all is an integrated system here.

There is an option on gen 1's called dyno mode that really disables it all.
Steve, are you referring to the car settings AND the Trinity, or just the car? I'm trying to find out if the Trinity disable goes all the way, unlike the car setting.

·
Registered
372 Posts
On my '12 one push is partial off, and holding the button is FULL off. I do not have LAUNCH control.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
On my '12 one push is partial off, and holding the button is FULL off. I do not have traction control.
Yea, they changed things with the '13. One push is "Off" and the second push enables launch control. So I'm trying to find out if "Off" is really off :)

Then the Trinity has options as well. I guess I could email Diablo to find out exactly what their program does, and maybe they'll know if it differs from the car's dash setting.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Yea, they changed things with the '13. One push is "Off" and the second push enables launch control. So I'm trying to find out if "Off" is really off :)

Then the Trinity has options as well. I guess I could email Diablo to find out exactly what their program does, and maybe they'll know if it differs from the car's dash setting.
Sorry, I meant to say I do not have "Launch control". I thought '13s still had the partial off one press, full off on hold?

I get my best launches, 60ft, overall speed, time and traction at the track in partial off.

Reactions: Cannon

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
"I thought '13s still had the partial off one press, full off on hold?"

Nope. Just the two I mentioned. Off and LC.

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
On my MY13, one press is partially off, Double press is launch. If you are stationary and hold it for 6 seconds it's completely off.

·
Premium Member
4,252 Posts
If you research the issue I am sure you will discover it is never totally off. The only way to completely disable it is to pull the fuse or use aftermarket tune.

Reactions: Sonic57

·
Registered
7 Posts
On my 13 if I press it once, I can light the tires off and seem there isn't any traction control on. Two presses and the Launch control is on. I still don't know how to work the launch control quite right yet. Maybe someone could chime in and enlighten me.

·
Premium Member
5,718 Posts
Left foot hard on brake to stop it moving.
Right foot at WOT. It will sit at 1825 RPM
Lift left foot straight off the brake.

It guided you through it and if your steering wheel is not straight, or things like that it will tell you.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Left foot hard on brake to stop it moving.
Right foot at WOT. It will sit at 1825 RPM
Lift left foot straight off the brake.

It guided you through it and if your steering wheel is not straight, or things like that it will tell you.
That's what I thought you should do. It seems right when I left off the brake it burns out a little bit loads the motor up and then goes. I seem to get faster times without using it.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Steve, you mentioned that gen 1s have a dyno mode. Is that just the srts or do the v6s have it also? If they do, how do you switch to it?

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
OK, I got this from Mike @ Diablo:

"If you turn off Traction control with the Trinity, it will also disable the ESP and ABS systems. Those systems typically remain functional with the button on the dash."

Keep in mind I have a '13, where there's only one TC disable level (other than launch control).

So, I think the question is..........will the ESP or ABS systems interfere with a good straight line run? I'm thinking not, unless the car starts to get squirley.

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
If you research the issue I am sure you will discover it is never totally off. The only way to completely disable it is to pull the fuse or use aftermarket tune.
Ahh my bad, sorry

1 - 16 of 16 Posts