Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It appears I have the tranny o-ring leak. I've scheduled a service for Monday.

In the mean time, does anyone know if it is safe to drive my car? Should I top off the transmission fluid? (I don't have a dipstick to check the levels). Should I avoid all driving?

Advice welcome.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Get the dealer to tow your car and lend a loaner. Should be covered.

cheers

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Really? If the fluid is that low, wouldn't it throw a code to my EVIC?

·
Premium Member
10,829 Posts
Unless you are going to add tons of miles between now and Monday, I wouldn't worry about it. None of us have dipsticks unless you purchase one of those aftermarket ones that have been talked about here in the past.

I apparently drove mine for quite some time without any damage before noticing the growing stain on the floor in my garage as well as my parking spot at work. I suppose you could add a little fluid if it makes you feel more comfortable.

You won't have any problem with the repair and I only waited 30 minutes for mine.

bruno

·
Registered
169 Posts
Really? If the fluid is that low, wouldn't it throw a code to my EVIC?
Maybe, but your saying that the fluid may be low enough to cause slippage. If that IS the case then you should not drive it, or just top it up before you take it to the shop.

cheers

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info/opinions/experiences. Sounds like I should top if off (just a little bit - I don't want to over fill it) before I head to the dealer.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Buy the dip stick at Etoolcart .com $73.00, MILLRER TOOL 9336 ,measure it your
self , the best preventative maint there is. 30 mm cold , 50 mm warm , 70 mm hot as the dip stick measures it in milli meters

·
Registered
376 Posts
You should be fine but as was stated the fix is real quick. You'll be surprised.

·
Registered
55 Posts
drove my srt for 4 weeks before it got fixed had no problems.
when you consider the auto holds around 6 or 7 ltrs and if you spill 20ml on the ground it would spread to a diamater of 10cm or more i dont think it would hurt any leaving it for a little while.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks, all. I feel better about having to drive to Ikea tomorrow. Not about the Ikea bit - but about the driving bit :D.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You should be fine but as was stated the fix is real quick. You'll be surprised.
It was. 50 minutes, and that included an oil change.

As long as things really are fixed, I am a very happy man right now.

·
Registered
376 Posts
FWIW, I haven't had any other leaks from it post fix.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah, everything looks to be okay. No leaks detected this morning, and driving the transmission cold seemed much better than before.

I love it when a fix actually fixes the problem. One less thing on my mind during the day :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts