Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 300 2.7 L with 55,000 miles, the car was running fine parked it over night, next the started the car and it will not go in gear:thumbsdow :12: , I tryed the manual pink button and nothing. Please help!!

·
Premium Member
1,788 Posts
It's the pink curse! Search the site and you'll find out what is possibly wrong. Seems common. Billet makes a replacement part. Check their site, She has a link to an installation video.

Maybe they can overnight you one?

·
Premium Member
4,708 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks for all the help! Park Lock Out Fixed!

So my wife's 2005 300c decided to get stuck in park a couple weeks ago. After searching the Net, and finding this forum and other mentions of the problem, I was led to Billet Technology and this morning replaced the crappy, broken, little plastic "pink thingy" with a nice BT aluminum piece. I normally do not work on cars much anymore - have 6 motorcycles to take care of and I'm even getting lazy on some of their maintenance, but a friend of mine has a brother who owns a Chrysler dealer about 45 miles away (our local one was closed during last round of bailouts etc.) I went ahead and made an appointment to have them replace with BT but it was a week out and I really didn't want to wait.

After reading the instructions on BT, I figured I could probably do the work - but had considered the dealer since I had several calls to Chrysler and they indicated they "might" good will repair it (even though their recall says 2005 up 300c's, our VIN was NOT included, so we're SOL - ours is an early release manufactured in 2004) - Also, Chrysler mentioned they might good will it since the car - soon to be 7 years old, has only 38,000 miles on it and looks and runs like new. BUT, THE BIG HOWEVER, they would only do something if I took it to Chrysler dealer and had it diagnosed - and even my friend's dealership said it would be $130, not to mention my time (half a day at least) AND I had already spent $50 for replacement part - so I decided to fix myself - instructions were spot on (except DID NOT mention what brand of beer to drink on breaks) and fix was quite easy. Since one of our keys was locked in ignition, the battery was dead, so I disconnected and put on charger while I was working. I've learned to really take my time on interior, body stuff (motorcycle fairings, etc.) since there are several potential "break tabs" potential - only some very minor issues. Everything went together - took about 2 hours - and I fired her up and all is working. Put battery on trickle charger for overnight and we should be back to normal by tomorrow....so enough lamenting about the Chrysler....also, my 2009 GMC Sierra engine blew a few weeks ago 5.3 liter....now that's a really long story, but I have to say, GM did alright and put in a new engine - better than Chrysler did for me on this dumb plastic "pink thingy" - of course, the Sierra stranded us so I can no longer beat up on my wife's "Chrysler"....some things just don't seem fair :pat:

·
Premium Member
4,708 Posts
My 2005 wasn't on the recall list either. I had already replaced the plastic part with the BT part as a preventative maintenance issue so as to avoid any future inconvenience.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts