Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my car back from the shop 3 weeks ago for a minder fender bender.
I have to wait a month to get it back. As soon as I got it, oil leakage, brought it to midway motors in Fram. MA to have it serviced, luckily it was coverd under there warranty still. now today driving home from work, this is 3 weeks after getting my car back, im cruising at 40MPH i give it mayve 1/4 throttle it downshifts and then a lound thunderouss "BOOOOMMM" immediately follows by a ding and the nice little yellow tranny or engine symbol. car is not responding at all, pulled over to side of road, put it in park, then drive and drove it straight to dealership. 40K miles on the car, hopefully extended warranty will cover. anyone have any ideas what it may be? thanks guys, and my luck just keeps getting worse........:thumbsdow

·
Administrator
23,437 Posts
Can't explain the "BOOOOMMM" you describe, but the fact that you were able to drive it to the dealer is a good thing I'm thinking, in that it may not be as serious as you think. I would also suspect your transmission went into "limp home mode" to prevent more serious damage to your transmission and/or engine.

When you say you had "oil leakage", are you saying it was the O Rings for which there's a TSB for or a leak in the pan seal? A little more detail please!

Bernie

·
Administrator
23,437 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It was a failed transmission adaptor plug.
So with my car going into limp mode, does this mean theres a serious problem now? and what are the odds of serious damage being done. Thanks, im just trying to prepare for when i deal with the dealer, i dont wanna ripped off thanks for all the help

·
Administrator
23,437 Posts
It was a failed transmission adaptor plug.
So with my car going into limp mode, does this mean theres a serious problem now? and what are the odds of serious damage being done. Thanks, im just trying to prepare for when i deal with the dealer, i dont wanna ripped off thanks for all the help
Yep, that's the O Ring TSB you had done. The limp mode is what's supposed to protect your transmission from serious damage by limiting rpm's and shifting. You can check the fault codes in your EVIC by turning the key - ACC/On ACC/On ACC/On and write them down to post in here.

As per my link above explaining what limp mode is, this may just be a randon thing that will clear itself. If it's something that needs to be addressed the fault code will narrow it down.

Bernie

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
awsome, thanks for the details. its already at the dealership and i should be expecting a call tomorrow. hopefully all is well

1 - 6 of 6 Posts