Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,262 Posts
More info needed....................

Many have had tranny leaks, most from o-rings surrounding electrical connectors on the right side front of the transmission. Where is yours leaking?

·
Administrator
3,667 Posts
Sorry about the problem Jamm, but make a quick sweep of the list of threads under yours, in the Problems forum, and you'll find a few posts and much info on this issue. Also see the list of TSB's - a sticky thread in this forum as well.

Like CUEBALL, it would help if you provided more info.
Good luck, let us know how it works out...

·
Premium Member
2,239 Posts
I've seen the question asked but never saw an answer: does anyone know if the new O-rings that they install are improved over the original ones? Or are they going to start leaking in another 12,000 miles? Anyone know?

·
Premium Member
5,177 Posts
kevenj,

I would also like to know the answer to this question. Chrysler probably can't help out. We will most likely have to hear from a forum member who has already had the o-rings replaced and driven another 12,000 miles.

bruno

kevenj said:
I've seen the question asked but never saw an answer: does anyone know if the new O-rings that they install are improved over the original ones? Or are they going to start leaking in another 12,000 miles? Anyone know?

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
Tranny o-ring replacement

kevinj,
Dealer replaced the o-rings on my C at 6k miles - I now have 20k miles on the car and no problems.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I talked to the tech at my local 5 Star dealer when my transmission started leaking. He said the new O-Rings are square shaped! A SQUARE O-RING? I know what he is saying, a circle made of a square gasket material instead of a round material. I personally would have thought that a round O-RING would do a better job of sealing, but I guess I will have to see.

·
Premium Member
2,239 Posts
jimmymac said:
kevinj,
Dealer replaced the o-rings on my C at 6k miles - I now have 20k miles on the car and no problems.

Thanks for that info; I only have 3100 miles on mine and so far no leaks, it's a 2005 but one of the last '05's, built in Feb 2005. I wonder if they made a running change and mine already has the "improved" ones...... I guess time will tell!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts