Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting ready to change my trans fluid. I have 30,000 miles on it and the dealership said "it was looking dirty" last time I was in for warranty work. Is there any special way of changing it? I have the ATF fluid. I think I will need a filter also.

The dealer also told me to get Platnium plugs, so I installed them. Now I made the mistake of reading posts after I did that and everyone is saying copper. Should I change them again?

Thanks in advance!!!

·
Registered
195 Posts
Plats are ok to keep. To keep the emissions low HEMI'S must have plugs changed every 30K. 16 plugs x every 30k adds up so copper plugs save cost.Plats will last 50k but you void the emission warrenty by not changing them at 30k. ATF-4 either Mopar or Valvoline is o.k. You need the Miller 9336 dip stick to measure after dropping pan and changing filter. Add 7 quarts ,warm up then top off after measuring with dip stick tool. 30mm cold ,50mm warm, 80mm hot. Got my dip stick tool at ETOOLS.COM $73.00 a must for do it your selfers

·
Registered
774 Posts
Plats are ok to keep. To keep the emissions low HEMI'S must have plugs changed every 30K. 16 plugs x every 30k adds up so copper plugs save cost.Plats will last 50k but you void the emission warrenty by not changing them at 30k. ATF-4 either Mopar or Valvoline is o.k. You need the Miller 9336 dip stick to measure after dropping pan and changing filter. Add 7 quarts ,warm up then top off after measuring with dip stick tool. 30mm cold ,50mm warm, 80mm hot. Got my dip stick tool at ETOOLS.COM $73.00 a must for do it your selfers
Bless you Dr. No. :fing02: I was looking for a dip stick tool but didn't want to pay the almost $200 the dealer wanted for it. Now I know where to get one!

·
Premium Member
4,541 Posts
Bless you Dr. No. :fing02: I was looking for a dip stick tool but didn't want to pay the almost $200 the dealer wanted for it. Now I know where to get one!
Or you can go directly to the manufactuer:

SPX Miller Special Tools

SPX makes all the 'specialty' tools for Chrysler (under the Miller name), Ford (under the OTC name) and GM (under the Kent-Moore name).

Wanna save some money? Go to NAPA and buy a universal dipstick, part number 813-5113 for about $12. You will have to mark your own "full cold" and "full hot" levels with a center punch or similar tool, so you have to buy the dipstick and mark it BEFORE you drain the fluid or have a leak, since you have to know the fluid level is correct to mark the dipstick. I got one of these and marked it when my car was new just in case I ever needed to check the fluid. Hope this helps.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts