Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have 13,600 miles on our 2005 300C. Absolutely no issues until last Friday and we had what apprears to be a transmission fluid leak. Over the weekend it looks like about 4 oz. of fluid leaked out. Looks like it leaks overnight as short term stops don't appear to leak.

Took it to the dealer today to get diagnosis in the morning.

Just wondered if anyone else has seen a similar problem?

·
Registered
7 Posts
my brothers transmission has developed a leak as well.

i was pissed to find out i couldnt check a dip stick to see how much fluid leaked, or to re-fill it.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Mine did it around 12k miles...O-ring TSB. Easy fix and it wasn't down much if any at all.

·
Registered
482 Posts
ONE QUESTION; are you sure it's the transmission? Just could be the power steering. Just a thought; check and see where the location is in relationship to the lines.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Transleak

jimhild said:
We have 13,600 miles on our 2005 300C. Absolutely no issues until last Friday and we had what apprears to be a transmission fluid leak. Over the weekend it looks like about 4 oz. of fluid leaked out. Looks like it leaks overnight as short term stops don't appear to leak.

Yes, had mine in the shop about 2 weeks ago to have o-rings replaced. I had 11k miles on mine at the time. Stopped leak but makes me wonder why they failed so soon.

·
Registered
1 Posts
leak

jimhild said:

Yes it happened to mine at 19,000 miles went away for a week and came back and all over the floor.They towed it in and fixed it.
odd though.

·
Premium Member
952 Posts
Just out of curiousity, have any of you with leaks had the TSB done for the transmission shudder (the drain/refill/x3 procedure) prior to the leakage?

·
Registered
8 Posts
06 Awd Trans Oil Leak

joey said:
My transmission also developed a leak. It was fixed under TSB 21-002-05

mine is an 06 and the o rings where the electrical connection goes into the tranny started to leak. this tsb is for an 05. i have 12000 miles. any body else with an 06 experience this problem?

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
bigalsdad

I also have the leak on my 06' at 8,800 miles...
and the other SRT8's that I know where even less...
No biggy...
TSB on it...

·
Registered
625 Posts
Tranny Leak

Mine started leaking at about 11,000 miles. TSB changed out the o-ring, done. As they have them in stock, and so many people are chiming in saying theirs leaks, it's probably a case of when not if it will leak.

Dan

1 - 11 of 11 Posts