Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About a month ago, I noticed a reddish looking fluid on my garage floor. Didn't give it much thought at first, until more reddish spots started appearing everywhere I parked my 300c. I then knew I had a problem. First, I checked for a power steering reservoir/ line leak. No, it doesn't look like it. Then, I took it to my friends at a local oil change place and they told me that it was transmission fluid that was leaking. But they couldn't tell me from where? Since everthing is crammed inside the engine compartment, there was no way to stick ones hands inside to check. Also, there is no transmission oil dipstick to check the transmission fluid level. Well, I took it to a Chrysler dealer and waited about three days before they told me that the transmission hose that leads from the Hemi to the transmission radiator cooler was leaking. Well waited another 3 days for them to order parts and voila, after 1 week got my 300c back up to speed. What is bad is that Chrysler should have put a transmission dipstick for us 300 owner to check the trans oil.

·
Registered
448 Posts
CDBLU said:
What is bad is that Chrysler should have put a transmission dipstick for us 300 owner to check the trans oil.
Yeah, as previous threads mention, this is a problem. And it is not just Chrysler, many manufacturers are now taking this route.

At least Chrysler has given us a dipstick tube, some manufacturers don't even have a tube. You can buy a dipstick to check the level. The problem is you have to buy a scan tool to check the oil temperature and use a matrix (one axis is temp, the other is the markings on dipstick) to determine the correct level. Why in the world wasn't the temp connected to the EVIC system? The transmission has a built in temperature sensor. Does anybody know how to tap into the output of this sensor without purchasing an expensive scan tool?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts