Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 300S.... Littered with issues. Now, the transmission is jerking excessively hard when up shifting... When the car is first turned on, and going through the first 1-3 shift moves (let's say, from 1-5... Navigating out of a parking lot) the 1-2 and 2-3 shift is HARD. And sometimes overshoots the gear and revs up to then catch the next gear at a higher RPM causing the hard shift.

My dealer says Chrysler is working on a transmission fix.... But my representative at Chrysler Headquarters hasn't found anything as of yet.

Any ideas? I want a new Transmission... Plain and simple. The car has 6500 miles on it. This is nonsense.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I was having the same problem. One day I was driving 30 mph. And I had to slam on my breaks real hard.
My wife tells me that's when it started. I don't drive my 300s everyday.
We took it to the dealer yesterday and they reset the shift points took about 15 min. And now it shifts good they said drive it a week to relearn my driving style. My car has 9500 mi. On the clock. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I too am getting rough shifts out of second, either up or down from my 8 speed, whether Im in AWD or RWD. I took a day off work to get it 150 miles to my dealer, they spent 15 minutes on it. Said they couldn't get the issue I described to replicate after they "fixed" it but occasional hard shifts on hard throttle is normal. Mine hard shifts from second to first when Im slowing down. Like the throttle doesn't rev match the downshift so it jerks as the engine catches up to the transmission road speed. This happens when I'm braking during traffic and whatnot. It also hard shifts from second to third when under normal acceleration. Like it allows the throttle to overrev the engine for the shift. It'll disengage the clutch to change the gear, the engine wont stop revving up for about a half second or so, so it gains about 5-600 rpm, and then it'll just pop the clutch causing a hard jerk. These two things happen every single time, no matter what kind of throttle conditions. They slightly go away after the transmission is properly warm (140 degrees) from at least an hour of use. Picked it up. The quick learn did jack sh*t. Still having the exact same issues. I dunno if its actually a transmission issue, or perhaps a throttle body issue or something, but it only does it either direction out of second gear. I'll give the quick learn some time to take effect I guess, but so far, its proven to be completely pointless. Hopefully its one of those niggles that disappears as time goes on. I mean this is a good transmission. Its in fuggin Rolls Royce's and Bently's for gods sake. Its just pissing me off how its not working correctly and I've only got 7200 miles on the clock.

·
Premium Member
604 Posts
The trans is the only thing about my 300 that seems "flaky". I guess I just got used to my JGC which shifted more like the old automatics. The 300 seems like it is always hunting for which gear it needs to be in. Maybe it's the 2.65 rear that keeps it from being able to pick a gear with authority.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts