Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Morning,

I'm currently experiencing a weird issue where if I I cruise (around 25-35 mph) or slow down (without applying the breaks) my car will physically start to vibrate/shudder. The car shifts perfectly while accelerating or if I sit above 45 mph. The whole thing is strange. Has anyone else had this issue? I have a 06 300c 5.7 L with a NAG1 transmission.

Best,

Frederick Fox IV.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Sounds like it's not down shifting properly. When is the last time (miles) the transmission was serviced and what is the current mileage on the vehicle? Has any other work been done on it recently? If so, what? Have you checked the transmission fluid yet.....requires a dipstick marked in 5mm increments, the temperature/fluid level chart from the FSM and a way to read the transmission fluid temperature? Are there any diagnostic trouble codes (DTC) showing when checked with a scanner that is capable of reading the Transmission Control Module?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I changed the oil last week at 130k miles, using a aftermarket dipstick, but it didn't seem to make much of a difference. I checked the level and it seemed fine before the change and there was

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No burnt oil. It shifts properly while accelerating. I am wondering if it is not a problem with the rotors or something else. It seems to do it regardless if I press on the breaks or not

·
Registered
469 Posts
I changed the oil last week at 130k miles, using a aftermarket dipstick, but it didn't seem to make much of a difference. I checked the level and it seemed fine before the change and there was
Tell the procedure you used to verify the fluid level (after change) was correct.

When my Maggie RT was brand new (about 200 miles on it) I had a similar thing happening except mine would stall like a stick shift slowing down and not putting your foot on the clutch. Precursor was that it started surging/hunting before it began to stall. It finally went into limp mode and I got it home. Dealer came and picked it up and later found there was a problem with the valve body. It's got 90K on it now (I change fluid/filter every 30K) and has worked flawlessly since. On yours, does it shudder almost to a stop and then stop just before, or does it shudder until you stop completely? What happens when if you step on the gas a little when it starts to shudder?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The first thing you said. It shutters when I am slowing down but it stops right before I come to a full stop. It also shutters if I just lightly cruise too.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Mine does this from time to time. It recently quit doing it (Knock on wood) Been trying to figure this out for months. but mine when I shifted down to 4th it ran totally smooth.

·
Chrysler Customer Service Agent
1,146 Posts
The first thing you said. It shutters when I am slowing down but it stops right before I come to a full stop. It also shutters if I just lightly cruise too.
Mine does this from time to time. It recently quit doing it (Knock on wood) Been trying to figure this out for months. but mine when I shifted down to 4th it ran totally smooth.
Hello FredJayFox and steve421,
We are certainly sorry to hear about your recent shuttering concerns. As our team here is not mechanically trained, we do rely on our dealers to be our eyes and ears in the field. With this in mind, we would kindly suggest having your dealer inspect this concern if you have not done so already, as they are in the best position to assist. If you decide to go this route, we are also available via private message if you would like any additional assistance during that process.
Laura
ChryslerCares

1 - 10 of 10 Posts