Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2008 Chrysler 300 Limited 3.5L, 4 speed
Everything is fine with my car just that sometimes when I have to change speeds really fast it I can feel a huge jerk coming from underneath (feels like). Like a rock hit underneath the car. Took it to the dealership to get it checked they couldn't diagnose anything they said your transmission is running as it should, also recaliberated shift points.

They changed the transmission oil, filter and gasket but when I took my car to the freeway and tested it had the same problem. Acceleration is fine, but the jerks I am noticing are usually around 60mph when I accelerate quickly and let go of the pedal. Feels like my car has a hard time shifting down and shifting back up quickly.

Any advice on what should I do?

PS: Dealer offered to bring the car back for a free diagnosis of the problem if I have the same problem. (He mentioned something about taking apart the transmission and it being a very long and expensive process)

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
My 8 speed does the same thing. Feels like there is a lot of slop in the drivetrain. Only thing I don't like about my 300

Mike
2014 Chrysler 300
1970 VW beetle
2006 Ford Freestyle
2008 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi
2013 Passport 2920bh GT
BX2350
and a bunch of other crap

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just want someone to tell me that it's not a defect or something that would make me replace the transmission in the near future. Heard some good things about the Lucas transmission fix.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts