Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

I was away for four days this week & have noticed a bit of red oil on the garage floor when I got back, I assume its transmission oil. I recall reading something on a forum but the search feature is not working at the moment.

Can somebody remind me what the issue could be & what the dealer has to do, the car is booked in for Monday for a standard service.

I assume I can drive it until then.

Any feedback would be good

·
Registered
499 Posts
You will find it is the O ring washer that will need to be replaced. It is a fault but Chrysler waits for the customer to complain and then replace.
Should be fine to drive but make sure you point it out to the dealer and it is replaced under warranty. You now have joined the club.

·
Premium Member
5,268 Posts
Ah, the old tranny oil "feature". Rust preventative for the underside of the body :joke:

Seriously though, Swordy has nailed it. I wouldn't recommend an long country trip but it should be okay until Monday.

·
Registered
68 Posts
If with red you meant more a pinkish color, somewhere under the middle of the car?? I had the same, this was the power steering fluid. Same story from the dealer though, bad quality rubber used, replaced under warranty.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts