Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I noticed a spot in the driveway last night and looks like I have a leak by the radiator/transmission cooler. I am looking for advice and or ways to fix this. I have not crawled under the car yet to have a better description, (Sorry) but want to see if anyone else has had the same spot or leak. It is an 05 with 101,000 on it.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Tranny cooler is TOP 2 ROWS above a/c condensor, not really part of radiator but part of a/c condensor, and is connected by pressure hoses and stainless tubing with quick disconnects. They rarely leak unless damaged . I would look at the single row power steering cooler in FRONT of the a/c condensor . This has 2 rubber hoses on each side with hose clamps which can leak the same red tranny fluid as hoses age. To be sure also look at the pan gasket and the right front side of the tranny where the electrical connector goes in to the tranny, this O ring is a known problem with the early cars. Plenty of old info on that in some old posts.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you. I needed to look further, But what I saw late last night and seeing the metal lines and not being able to see behind the fan shroud, I will be taking a better look at it tonight and start with the power steering lines.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts