Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
06 300C about to hit 75k. I am doing all the schedule maintenance stuff and am about to do the transmission flush next week. Im wondering what oil do ppl put in? Im thinking I may go synthetic for the transmission.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats what i thought. Someone at the shop asked me this so I had to look into it. The ATF +4 is what is supposed to be used any ways.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Yes ATF +4. I found that it was a lot less expensive at the dealer than it was at the Auto Parts stores. It's a pretty easy job, but 2 of the pan bolts are hard to get at. I ended up using one of those small flat ratchets that are made for screw driver tips, and put a star bit in it.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had my buddy do it at his shop. I think there where like 8-10 bolts to take out. Was pretty simple actually none of my pan bolts where hard to get to at all. Put AMS oil in it. Supa smooth shift now

·
Registered
71 Posts
There are 6 bolts to remove in order to drop the pan. I highly recommend Amsoil Signature Series ATF. It meets and exceeds ATF +4 specification. I've used it in both my Charger R/T and my 300 SRT8.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts