Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just went out for a ride at lunch, and I felt the transmission shuddering when I was driving a a steady 30 to 40 mph. I felt the shifiting of gears several times and it disappeared when I accelerated only to resurface when I was at the above noted speed. Weather is cold with wind swept rain if that may have anything to do with it. Your comments and suggestions are greatly appreciated.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
called my selling dealer and they can't squeeze me in until next Tuesday. I informed him of the TSB but said go ahead and continue to drive the vehicle. He said he has seen no others with this problem and was sure it was fine to continue to operate. Keep in mind this is a very small dealership and I'm not surprised they haven't seen this issue to date. I called one of the larger dealers and they said to bring it in tomorrow which I cetainly feel better about after reading some other threads of members with similar issues. Will keep you posted should the TSB (water in tranny)prove helpful.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,719 Posts
That is the water problem, why don't all of us have this? Why can't a collector tube be rigged up to divert water away from the tranny fill tube to the ground.

No news Hemeee on the CEL I presume.
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
3,667 Posts
Good luck...

btw, I recently asked my dealer about whether they have seen this issue, they said they had not, BUT offered to perform the TSB on my car as a preventive measure, to which I agreed. Some of you may also want to consider this, although my dealer is trying to make points after some very unsatisfactory recent visits and for some, as yet unresolved, issues.
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
3,667 Posts
II kings 9:20 said:
..... No news Hemeee on the CEL I presume.
No II kings, thanks for asking!!
Still hoping it will sort itself out. I only took a very brief drive yesterday, but have some longer/farther driving to do today and hoping to cycle through. I haven't taken the time to search the service manual yet, been busy getting some work projects completed before going out of town for a car show Friday morning... and of course with my forum obsession :01:. Hope to get it resolved, one way or the other, upon my return.

Sorry... :eek:fftopic: ... back to you bigv
 

·
BLOODY ADMENSTRUATOR
Joined
·
7,554 Posts
Tsottile said:
The tranny should be watertight, the tube should have nothing to do with it.
Yeah, it should be, but the opening for checking the fluid level doesn't always seal properly. It is right below the A/C condensor. I had mine flushed as per the TSB.

See the link in HEMEEE's thread.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
162 Posts
bigvrodder said:
called my selling dealer and they can't squeeze me in until next Tuesday. I informed him of the TSB but said go ahead and continue to drive the vehicle. He said he has seen no others with this problem and was sure it was fine to continue to operate. Keep in mind this is a very small dealership and I'm not surprised they haven't seen this issue to date. I called one of the larger dealers and they said to bring it in tomorrow which I cetainly feel better about after reading some other threads of members with similar issues. Will keep you posted should the TSB (water in tranny)prove helpful.
If you drive it with water in the tranny it will trash the tranny. I know as my dealer told me to drive it until they could fit me in. Well now the 300C needs a new Torque converter, Pump and Clutch for the tranny. Of course some of the parts are back ordered. It's been in the shop 10 days already. 20 more and I'm going the lemon law route.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,499 Posts
II kings 9:20 said:
Why can't a collector tube be rigged up to divert water away from the tranny fill tube to the ground.
Just tie a string around the tube and let it hang down. The water will hit the string and follow it until it drips off the end of the string to the ground.
Just kidding. Have a dealer do the TSB. It'll last forever, almost.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
dropped it off this AM and was treated well. I handed the service advisor a copy of the TSB and he said he would staple it to the RO. Just hoping they don't try and troubleshoot and just go ahead and perform the TSB and will cross my fingers that's the fix. By the way, I didn't experience the shuddering when I drove it to the dealer, go figure. I saw my 1st SRT8 this AM, very sharp. The dealer is asking $30K over MSRP, WTF. Love the look and envy those fortuante ones that drive their own.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
381 Posts
$30,000 above MSRP? IMO, that hinges on total fraud. Personally, I think that any fool that would ever pay above invoice is a complete idiot and just feeds these unscrupulous dealers. If everyone refused, then the dealers would stop this practice. It's bad enough that a lot of us were forced to pay msrp last year when the cars first came out. I never paid msrp before in my life, but to get my "C" I bowed down and did it.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
just got the call from the dealer and they indicated that the tech was able to duplicate the problem and then perfromed the above TSB. Said all is fine and come to pick up the car. Will let you know if all is well.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
picked up my C this afternoon and all seems to be fine. will continue to monitor it closely and will keep this forum informed should this or any other problem surface. Thanks for all of your help including the TSB!!!!!
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
3,667 Posts
bigvrodder said:
picked up my C this afternoon and all seems to be fine. will continue to monitor it closely and will keep this forum informed should this or any other problem surface. Thanks for all of your help including the TSB!!!!!
Glad to hear it... and you're welcome, my pleasure!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10 Posts
I suspect my transmission shudder problem is the water problem, took it to the dealer. Even discussed the TSB, which curiously got a question of "how did you learn about TSBs?" Their result was, no problem found, monitored with computer during test drive and shift points were correct (??). At least they did perform the loud console 'pop' TSB and replaced the CD player that ate 6 CDs, though I'm still waiting for them to mail back the CDs three weeks later.

I told them I'd be back if they hadn't done anything to resolve the trans problem. It was much better for about two weeks. I wonder if they just replaced the fluid or added something to it. Oh well, with years left on the powertrain warranty if it is a water problem they'll be fixing it eventually. If they are stupid enough to wait until it needs a torque convertor replacement, Chrysler will be the ones paying for their stupidity.

By the way: I retired from the forums for awhile because it seemed any negative comments about the 300C were shouted down in the early days by people who one would think must be sleeping with, er, in their cars. Now that others are experiencing problems too, it is nice to see a more helpful than negative approach to reported problems most of the time.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
I feel your pain BIG V! Took my 300c in to have the TSB corrected and the technician made an amazing discovery. My drivetrain was filled with 5% transmission fluid as well as 90% of another fluid that could only be identified as 40 year old Glenn Livit scotch and about 5% water. As you can imagine I was outraged over this as I am a Chivas Regal man!
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
TUBSON300 said:
I feel your pain BIG V! Took my 300c in to have the TSB corrected and the technician made an amazing discovery. My drivetrain was filled with 5% transmission fluid as well as 90% of another fluid that could only be identified as 40 year old Glenn Livit scotch and about 5% water. As you can imagine I was outraged over this as I am a Chivas Regal man!
I haven't seen the TSB on that one yet Tubby.
 
1 - 20 of 44 Posts
Top