Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Gang,

Just curious about the new 4 speed automatic and 5 speed automatic transmissions that are used in the 300/Magnum line. First question, I know that the 5 speed auto trans in the "C" is a Mercedes transmission, is the four speed automatic that is in my car as well as the Touring and Limited versions also manufactured by Mercedes? The 4 speed transmission that is used I believe is the 42RLE, and I'm not sure of the five speed auto designation used in the "C". Are these used in other DCX applications as well, or are these transmissions exclusive to the 300/Magnum? Any info or pictures of these transmissions would be greatly appreciated. I am curious as to what the differences are.

Sincerely yours,

Brian T. Carotenuto

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
james jefferson said:
wonder what ever happened to the old "torqueflight" tranny? it was wonderful!
I agree with you there James! I am currently driving a 1968 Plymouth Valiant with a 3 speed Torqueflite! My Valiant also has a 273 V8 engine with 69K on the clock. I purchased the car (believe it or not my first) from the original owner in July of 03. I recently had to have the TF 904 rebuilt. Pretty good for being a 36 year old car eh??

·
Registered
477 Posts
gossame1 said:
I agree with you there James! I am currently driving a 1968 Plymouth Valiant with a 3 speed Torqueflite! My Valiant also has a 273 V8 engine with 69K on the clock. I purchased the car (believe it or not my first) from the original owner in July of 03. I recently had to have the TF 904 rebuilt. Pretty good for being a 36 year old car eh??
yes it is and i am unanimous about that. i remember that the torqeflight tranny was so good even the pro dragsters were using it instead of "stick shift". very very quick shifting.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts