Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At about 5000 miles my 05C began to loose its "pep" during accleration. For the first time since delivery (July 21, 2004) my baby was sluggish as others have posted regarding octane level and Power Control Module upgrades. Several weeks later, I saw a large puddle of transmission fluid on the garage floor. Off I went to the dealer. The leak was caused by two faulty electric connector seals part numbers 52108323AB and 52108324AB. Immediately after the seals were replaced the old pep was restored and I am once again a happy camper.

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The dealer service tech said it was also a problem for Crossfires and Magnums. I'm not sure it it applies to V-6 models.

·
Premium Member
1,151 Posts
jimmymac said:
The dealer service tech said it was also a problem for Crossfires and Magnums. I'm not sure it it applies to V-6 models.
Since there is no V8 Crossfire, I guess it does apply to 6's.

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
cmego said:
Did you notice the 55-vibe before and/or after the leak?
There was no vibration at 55 before, or after the leak - just slow reaction when acclerating.

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
cmego said:
Did you notice any smell before the leak and do you now have a tranny dipstick?
I did not notice any smell and no, I do not have a tranny dipstick (yet).

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
cmego said:
I read the link. Leaky O-rings? It's a good thing they're calling it Dodge Charger and not Challenger...
Ouch - that's gonna leave a mark, cmego. :eek:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Well I was just informed today that my transmission and the rear diff are leaking while my car was in for the bracket recall and an oil change. They had to order new seals and I have to take it back in two days. I'm not exactly thrilled. 16k miles on it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts