Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! I have a 2005 300c, 5.7 that was upgraded with 6.1 internals at Arrington motors, Martinsville, VA., two years ago. Did upgrade of valve body to improve shift performance. Tranny is now toast and have replaced tranny, moved valve body from old to new tranny and replaced TCM. Trans now, (sometimes) when going into 5th gear goes into neutral. And seems sluggish when shifting gears. Do you believe the valve body needs to be replaced as well? I don't know exactly what the valve body does, but kinda makes sense with the old tranny being destroyed. Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
purchased used tranny from local parts yard from a friends 300c with blown engine. mechanic changed fluids and filter. No issues with friends tranny before he destroyed his hemi. I think the valve body could be the issue, but like I said in the post, I do not know exactly what the valve body does in respect to shifting. thanks

·
Premium Member
304 Posts
Did the torq converter check out ok.? How about a reprogram of the transmission control module?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts